Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New User Questions  (Read 3271 times)

rghost

• Coppermine newbie
New User Questions
« on: December 05, 2005, 08:15:33 pm »

New user of coppermine.  So far I love this program, as I had my page up and running in 30 minutes compared to another popular program I cant even figure out how to use right.  But some questions I need answered before I decide if coppermine is what I am looking for.  Since they span several areas, ive placed the question in Misc forum..

Can my users (in this case my family) download the FULL image size instead of the adjusted size more easily then clicking each one to open it up in their image viewer and then clicking save as?  WHen i tried directly from my Coppermine page it D/L the smaller image.
Part 2 of the same question:  Will these downloaded images be the SAME quality as on my PC, or are they loosing image quality based on the settings during upload?  I found this section in 4.12.8 Picture and thumbnail settings under docs and am now concerned about that.

Can I make certain folders NOT show up on the home page, but only be available if I send the link or give permissions?  (For example, I don’t want my mom to see my Halloween partying.)  I think you can through group permissions etc, but I haven't figured this out yet - and at this point just wondering if it is possible.  I think you CAN, as my search revealed this:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=24109.0
Right now it still doesn't make sense to me, that why im asking.

Does Coppermine allow integration into Ophoto or shutterfly, etc?  If not, is this planned ever - a great feature popular in other photo galleries?

Can I change the Font color of the "category" versus "album" Titles in order to better separate them visually?  My search revealed this
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=24056.0 so again, I THINK you can, just am not sure.  Seems awfully technical to change them though.

Finally, my technical ability is limited.  This may be a question for my Webhost, but once I install the program and post some photos is my website secure as far as people getting into it and making changes?  I know one of the plagues of internet is ignorant users not knowing what they are doing creating security headaches for all.

Thanks

« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 08:23:53 pm by rghost »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: New User Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 10:20:58 am »

But some questions I need answered before I decide if coppermine is what I am looking for.  Since they span several areas, ive placed the question in Misc forum..
We have a "one question per thread" policy you agreed to respect when signing up. It's there for a good reason: it makes tracking of question easier, and other users will benefit as well when they come across your question when searching the board. In the future, please respect this poicy.

Can my users (in this case my family) download the FULL image size instead of the adjusted size more easily then clicking each one to open it up in their image viewer and then clicking save as?
There's a mod that adds a download link beneath the intermediate sized pic to make it easier for newbie users.

Will these downloaded images be the SAME quality as on my PC, or are they loosing image quality based on the settings during upload?
The full-sized image remains unchanged, the intermediate image will be lower res.

Can I make certain folders NOT show up on the home page, but only be available if I send the link or give permissions?
yes, coppermine allows pics to be viewed by particular usergroups only. There's a password protection available as well.

Does Coppermine allow integration into Ophoto or shutterfly, etc?  If not, is this planned ever - a great feature popular in other photo galleries?
Currently, such a mod doesn't exist afaik.

Can I change the Font color of the "category" versus "album" Titles in order to better separate them visually?
Yes, all colors can be changed using just plain CSS technology, nothing advanced. Edit themes/yourtheme/style.css

once I install the program and post some photos is my website secure as far as people getting into it and making changes?
Yes, of course. Although there is no such thing as a bug-free software, this is what coppermine was designed to do (among other things): malicious users are not suppossed to be able to change your pics.

BeerGuzler

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 04:04:40 pm »

Hi,

where is the Download link Mod located for 1.4.3? I have searched around and seem to not locate it.

Quote from: rghost on December 05, 2005, 08:15:33 PM
Can my users (in this case my family) download the FULL image size instead of the adjusted size more easily then clicking each one to open it up in their image viewer and then clicking save as?
There's a mod that adds a download link beneath the intermediate sized pic to make it easier for newbie users.

Cheers

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 05:43:24 pm »

don't hijack threads. Use the search, just as a supporter would have to do if he did this for you. Locking thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.