Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Removing some features  (Read 5281 times)

gregerly

• Coppermine newbie
Removing some features
« on: December 16, 2005, 11:50:11 pm »

I'm starting a gallery for my family (all of whom are NON-computer savy) and I want to make this as simple as possible for them.  I'm afraid that some of the features will go unused, and just confuse them, so I would like to remove them from the menu:  The one's I would like to remove are :

Last Comments
Most Viewed
Top Rated
My Favorites

Is there a way I can access the menu script directly to edit these out (or just comment them out to retain the file integrity for later use).  I just can't seem to find where these links are being generated from.  Thanks!

Greg

gregerly

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Removing some features
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 08:44:23 am »

Thanks for your reply.  One problem I'm running into is that the menu options are not available to comment out.  In the template.html I've got {SYS_MENU} and {SUB_MENU} but there is nothing I can edit.  My theme.php file only has this:

<?php
/*************************
  Coppermine Photo Gallery
  Copyright (c) 2003-2005 Coppermine Dev Team
  v1.1 originaly written by Gregory DEMAR

This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
  it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
  the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
  (at your option) any later version.
  Coppermine version: 1.4.2
  $Source: /cvsroot/coppermine/devel/themes/classic/theme.php,v $
  $Revision: 1.71 $
  $Author: gaugau $
  $Date: 2005/10/25 01:16:24 $
**********************************************/

// ------------------------------------------------------------------------- //
// This theme has all CORE items removed                                     //
// ------------------------------------------------------------------------- //
define('THEME_IS_XHTML10_TRANSITIONAL',1);
?>

Could you advise as to how I can remove just the menu options from the page.  Or just where I can find the html to comment out.  I figured out from your suggested readings how to change the page content, but now I just need to remove some links from the top of the page.  Thanks again for all your help.

Greg

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 08:55:35 am »

you appear not to have read the last page I refered to: you need to copy the menu over from the sample theme (not the entire content of theme.php, but only the menu definition). This way, you override the generic definition of the menu. Then you edit the menu as you like.

gregerly

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2005, 12:38:21 pm »

GauGau,

Thanks again for your help.  I did look over the last link you posted, but I guess this is WAY over my head.  I tried (with no luck) to edit the theme file, but I can't figure out how to get rid of a few buttons.  Anyhow, thanks for your help.  It is much appreciated.  If there is anyone here that can help this newbie out with some code examples of how to get rid of the buttons I mentions in the original post, I would really appreciate it.  Thanks again to all.

Greg

sorro

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 12:53:45 pm »

Hello,

I've got the same problem as Greg. I would like to use a modified classic-theme but I don't know how to get the original menu in the theme.php. Has anybody a code example for the original menu code in an own theme.php file? I think changing it should work better than making a whole new theme.php.

Thanks!

Sorro

GauGau,

Thanks again for your help.  I did look over the last link you posted, but I guess this is WAY over my head.  I tried (with no luck) to edit the theme file, but I can't figure out how to get rid of a few buttons.  Anyhow, thanks for your help.  It is much appreciated.  If there is anyone here that can help this newbie out with some code examples of how to get rid of the buttons I mentions in the original post, I would really appreciate it.  Thanks again to all.

Greg
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 01:07:44 pm by sorro »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 01:46:14 pm »

Has anybody a code example for the original menu code in an own theme.php file?
Copy the stuff you need (not everything - only the bits you want to see changed) from the sample theme that comes with coppermine. Please do as suggested and read the theme guide I refered to earlier in this thread.

sorro

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2005, 08:39:56 pm »

I read the theme guide but because of my expandable english and my also expandable knowledge in coding I do not understand the guide very good. Do NOT think I haven't tried a lot before asking here. You can not originate in everyone has the same wide knowledge as you have.

All I want is the theme file which I have to use for the classic theme. Perhaps somebody was successful yet and could help me with that.

Thanks!

Sorro
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.