Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Latest additions doesn't list all additions/changes - SOLVED  (Read 3958 times)

XSTence

• Coppermine newbie
    • The Dutch Organ Portal and Forum
Latest additions doesn't list all additions/changes - SOLVED
« on: December 05, 2005, 12:33:55 pm »

After installing CPG V1.4.2, bridging with PHP V2.0.18 most is running fine now.

However, we have the following issues with "latest additions":

> we have different categories with albums: for instance, users upload audio, video and/or docs/pictures to different categories with subalbums (albums owned by a specific users or public albums). Since V1.4.2, uploads do not always show up at all on the latest additions. I've done a search on the forum but can't find an answer. When I have something like "Main Category > sub catergory > user albums" (specifically the main category "Audio Archives" that is in heavy use on our site) our users check mostly the "latest additions" section which does not always seem to list the latest uploads correctly even if it is present in a sub-cateogry > album under the main category (we have defined in the settings to list the most recent one first).

> when a users upload something to an inappropriate album and we move the corresponding file, I have noticed it sometimes still shows up on that latest additions list and/or list of user files in the album and clicking the thumbnal then leads to an incorrect file.

Since the latest additions is the most heavily used function (CPG is on our site since 5 months resulting in 1055 files, 47 categories, 102 albums, viewed over 54,000 times), we've got many users complaining about this.

I've made an account with admin rights (@nibbler and @GauGau: see your PM for account details). If somebody else from dev/support wants to pich this up, let me know and I'll PM you the login details.

Example:
Site: http://www.organportal.com
login with the provided details
click: menu bar > Downloads > Audio > User Audio Demo's

Look at the latest file uploads. However when browsing the"User Audio Demos" album, you'll see a file called "test.mp3" which was uploaded yesterday and which does NOT show up on the latest file uploads section when browsing the main category "Audio".

So the setup is: Audio (the main category "Audio Archives"), under this the sub category "User Audio Demos" and in this sub-category then is the album "User Audio Demos". We use this setup of category>sub-category>ablums since we want to offer specific albums so users can upload stuff based on which brand of instrument they play, etcetera.

Thanks in advance - Rick
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 12:08:16 am by XSTence »

XSTence

• Coppermine newbie

I've just updated the bridge file for PHPbb 2.0.18 to V1.8 (was on V1.4) as I found a link inte CVS repository on another thread to this new file.
We had some users complaining (registered ones) they didn't see filess the admins and users with speical accesss rights (our sponsors group) could see. After  applying the new bridge file, this is now solved.

Maybe a wild guess, but could it be the latest additions section is also affected by user rights? I ask this because the latest additions section is different for me as admin opposed to a user with normal (registered) rights.

To comply to what you guys need in case it is bridge related:

Coppermine install: http://www.yourhobby.nl/portal/gallery/
Forum install: http://www.yourhobby.nl/forumorgel/
Coppermine version: cpg1.4.2  (current bridge file version V1.8)
Forum version: PHPbb V2.0.18
Test user account: test / testportal

BridgeManager settings:
Forum URL:  http://www.yourhobby.nl/forumorgel/index.php
Portal URL: http://www.organportal.com (a redirect on which users login, integrating Subdreamer CMS, Coppermine and PHPbb: from the menu selecting Forum > organforum to move to the forum, or from the menu Downloads > Audio (etcetera) which takes them to Coppermine categories.
Relative path to your BBS's config file:  ../../forumorgel/
Use post-based groups?:  11 

The test admin account I already send via PM to Nibbler/GauGau.

My best - Rick

XSTence

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Latest additions doesn't list all additions/changes - SOLVED
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 12:13:12 am »

As I got thinking the behaviour mentioned was the same as when a usergroup is set for upload approval, after re-checking this setting, my guess is since we had to bridge/unbridge/bridge a couple of times, this setting somehow got overwritten (as it was initially setup correctly) and that must have been the reasons - it now works as one would expect. So anybody running into this, check and re-check your group settings - especially with as many groups as we have.

My best - Rick

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

The test admin account I already send via PM to Nibbler/GauGau.
Didn't ask for them to be sent by PM - you're suppossed to post a non-admin test user account.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.