Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help, cant log into the Bridge manager  (Read 8928 times)

xtechforum.com

• Coppermine newbie
Help, cant log into the Bridge manager
« on: December 05, 2005, 01:01:11 am »

Okay, I brigded with SMF, which went well everything seem's to be working, EXCEPT the fact that when i try and login to the bridge mamnger(i want to disable the option part for member groups by  pount counts) and it wont except my password/username, i tryed everypassword multible times, im up to 6000 secend interval's it'll let me try, i think something is just wrong with it, but possibly the password is something different? 1.is there  way around this? to log in at all? i can log into my regular account, it jsut wants me to log in again for that and it wont let me. 2.is my password stored in a file anywhere?

My suername for the forum is kyle, and my username for coppermine is kyle, with DIFFERnt passwords so i though maybe that someho affected it? so i changed my forum password to match what ii was 98.9458% sure was my coppermine password and it still didn't work, someone PLEASE HELP! Thank you.

http://www.xtechforum.com
http://www.xtechforum.com/smf/
http://www.xtechforum.com/imghost/

xtechforum.com

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Help, cant log into the Bridge manager
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 03:46:01 am »

bump.. i can make a test account if wnted but i dont think it'll help for this.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

xtechforum.com

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 03:33:04 am »

sorry, I read it but thought i included everything that would have been helpfull anyways.

I have the following issue when trying to bridge coppermine and XXX: NONE, its after installation trying to log in

Coppermine install: http://xtechforum.com/imghost/
Forum install: http://xtechforu.com/smf/
Coppermine version: cpg1.4.2
Forum version: SMF RC1
Test user account: Test123 / test
BridgeManager settings:
Forum URL:  http://xtechforum.com/smf
Relative path to your BBS's config file: no clue?????
Use post-based groups?:  yes, and this is what i want to change, but i cant get into my brigde manager settings?

Edit: also is there a way i could maybe just uninstall? so it deleted all the files and everything? and i can start over?

shanny

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 04:21:13 am »

I think if you log in to the Bridge Manager after it's been enabled, i.e., www.yoursite.com/coppermine/bridgemgr.php this will disable bridging. You will then have to re-establish your bridge. I don't know if you will lose anything by doing this. If you just want to change the post groups setting and have access to phpMyAdmin, can't you change the value in the cpg_xxx_bridge table for use_post_based_groups from 1 to 0?

xtechforum.com

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2005, 04:25:50 am »

That's my problem! I cant log it, It says my password is wrong!

shanny

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2005, 04:37:04 am »

I was thinking more of a backend work around to change the post groups option...using phpMyAdmin and not the coppermine bridge manager as I had a similar problem. After I disabled bridging I couldn't log in either. The use post groups option I selected had changed my Administrator account's member group to a different value other than Coppermine's administrator group. I was only able to log in after I changed my admin account's group value in the database itself.

xtechforum.com

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2005, 04:44:58 am »

I'm kind of confussed. Can you provide steps on doing this? Thanks for you help so far :P

shanny

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2005, 05:20:02 am »

I just re-read your original post and I'm not clear on whether you already disabled the bridge or are attempting to...

In any event, IF you disabled the bridge and can't login because of that reason....this may help you

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

How comfortable are you with manipulating database tables? I wouldn't want you to end up with more of a headache than you have now. What I did was on a testing server so if it breaks...no biggie...but if your site is live...well....

Anyway, here's the scenario as I see it....when you bridge CPG and select the Post Based Groups option and go to the Groups menu in the CPG Admin panel it syncs/overwrites the CPG default groups. If your CPG Administrator group had a default value of 1 before and your Forum/CMS has an Administrator group with a default value of 125, then the Administrator group in your CPG database usergroups table will have a value of 125....at least this is what happened on my test site...

When you disable bridging....the link between your admin account and the 'new' administrator group value is broken...since (and this is on my test site)...the administrator group will have the bridge administrator group value and your admin account will have the default CPG administrator group value...

What I did was log in to phpMyAdmin to access my SQL database that Coppermine is set up to use...

Clicked on the cpg140_users table link to activate it...

Clicked the Browse link to see the values...

Noted the user_group for my admin account is equal to 1

Clicked on the cpg140_usergroups table link to activate it...

Clicked the Browse tab to see the values...

Noticed my Administrator group had a group_id value of 125

Clicked the pencil icon next to the Administrators group table entry to access it...

Changed the value group_id value from 125 to 1...

Made sure the Save option was toggled on...

Clicked Go...

Tested the login and Admin access...

« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 05:26:16 am by shanny »

xtechforum.com

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2005, 05:28:40 am »

Not very :P But I think i can handle that. and BTW my site and forum is like, but coppermine is NOT live, I havn;t realsed the link for it yet, I'm releaseing this, another afliate site im making, a blogging system all on dec 25 as a present to everyone haha.

OK, I'm going to try and do what you said, Thanks for the help and come back and post my results after, thanks.

shanny

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2005, 05:38:06 am »

I just re-read your original post...your bridge is still enabled, yes?

How comfortable are you with manipulating database tables? I wouldn't want you to end up with more of a headache than you have now. Make sure you do a database backup first in the event you need to restore...

phpMyAdmin - if your webhost has cPANEL...click on MySQL databases and then click on the phpMyAdmin link

select the database that CPG is using

select the cpg140_bridge table

click Browse

click the pencil icon next to use_post_based_groups

change the value from 1 to 0

Save should be toggled by default

Click go

If your cpg groups have been sync'd with your forum groups you may need to change the Administrator user group value to the value that your admin account has as in the earlier post...

xtechforum.com

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2005, 05:43:44 am »

yes its still bridged, i dont have cpanel, i have some kind of panel godaddy uses, but there is phpmyadmin.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2005, 12:03:10 am »

but there is phpmyadmin.
excellent, just use it. In coppermine's config table, set bridging to "0"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.