Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Browsing by Keyword  (Read 3653 times)

jbutler

• Coppermine newbie
    • ScreenSite
Browsing by Keyword
« on: December 04, 2005, 03:48:21 pm »

I am loving the new keyword feature in CPG 1.4, but there's an additional feature for it I'd like to request.

As I understand it, currently you can use the search function to pull up a list of images that share a certain keyword.  This creates, in a sense, a virtual "album" based on that keyword.  Cool.  But what it does not permit is for you to browse those keyword-linked images as if they were a real album.

That is, once you click an image's thumbnail and view its page, you are then relocated to the real album that image is in.  If you click the next button from there, you'll see the next image in the real album and not the next image in the keyword list

Or, in other words, you are not browsing by keyword.  Unless I've missed something and this feature is indeed there.  Always possible!

As you might guess, I'm trying to create a Flickr - like capability for my site.  To do this, I need to generate virtual albums based on tags (or, in CPG terms, keywords).

Thanks for a fabulous product!

Jeremy

« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 12:01:11 am by GauGau »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Browsing by Keyword
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 04:10:07 pm »

I moved this out of feature request to support since this feature had already been implemented. You just needed to read the manual to find that out:
In 1.4.x the Album Keyword is no longer being used for searching purposes, but, rather, to link images from other album into another. Using this method, files/images can be displayed in various albums while the file itself need only exists in one album on your webserver. You simply upload a file to one album as you would normally do, then assign one or more keywords to the file. The keyword function reads blank spaces between words as a 'break' and assumes that these words are separate words. If you must use phrases for your keywords, connect them with an underscore or by using the ascii space holder ctrl+Alt+0160 (NOTE: the latter option only works with latin based character sets.) Each album can only have ONE (1) keyword or keyword phrase. All pictures residing in different albums that you would like to be displayed in this album must have the same keyword or keyword phrase in their respective keyword fields. Pictures, unlike albums can have multiple keywords or keyword phrases separated by spaces. This provides you with the option to display pictures in many albums. For the visitor of these albums, it will appear as if the file/image had been uploaded to each.

jbutler

• Coppermine newbie
    • ScreenSite
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 04:28:59 pm »

Thank you for the quick reply, TranzNDance, but I believe you may have missed the key point of my request.

When you call up a list of images by keyword, they display as if they were an album, but if you select one of those images then it stops acting like an album.  If you click the next button while you are looking at the indivdual image, you will not see the next image with the same keyword.  Instead, you will see the next image based on the image's original album. 

Thus, you are browsing based on the original album structure and not based on the keyword.  Or have I missed something?

Here's an example:

1.  prettypicture.jpg is in the Jeremy album and is tagged with the mountain keyword. 

2.  secondprettypicture.jpg is in the Jeremy album and is tagged with the peanut keyword.

3.  thirdprettypicture.jpg is in the Dinkleman album and is tagged with the mountain keyword.

4.  I call up the list of images for the mountain keyword and see thumbnails for:

prettypicture.jpg
thirdprettypicture.jpg

5.  I click the thumbnail for prettypicture.jpg

6.  While looking at prettypicture.jpg in all its prettiness, I click the next button.  I expect to see the next keyword-tagged, mountain image, which is thirdprettypicture.jpg.  Instead I see the next image in the Jeremy album, which is secondprettypicture.jpg.

Which leads me back to my question:

Is keyword browsing supported in CPG 1.4?

Thanks for the advice.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 04:35:22 pm »

Here's an example. Notice that the "real" album changes in the breadcrumb but the images are related to personal galleries:
http://cpg-contrib.org/displayimage.php?album=7&pos=0

Read the rest of the manual. The excerpt I provided explains something different from what you are doing.

jbutler

• Coppermine newbie
    • ScreenSite
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 04:53:59 pm »

Here's an example. Notice that the "real" album changes in the breadcrumb but the images are related to personal galleries:
Stoopid me!

It was the breadcrumb that was throwing me off.  I was browsing by keyword, but thought I wasn't.

Dumb dumb dumb!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.