Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EXIF Date as Date Added  (Read 4111 times)

Cyclist

• Coppermine novice
EXIF Date as Date Added
« on: December 03, 2005, 02:50:54 am »

I am not sure where to put this, if this is the wrong place maybe one of the mods could move it.

I'd just like to know if it's possible to use for the field "date added" the EXIF Date (Digitalization) ?

n3n

• Coppermine frequent poster
Re: EXIF Date as Date Added
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 12:47:01 pm »

Im also very interested in this, but i would like it to show as a different field like:

photo taken:

would be nice :)

Cyclist

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 01:08:57 pm »

If I choose EXIF DateTime Original, it doesn't show any content, date & time are only taken from EXIF DateTime digitized. That's why I suggested to take this for the Date added field. But if I look at the original EXIF data of my offline photo administration both DateTime Original and DateTime digitized are the same.

By the way my camera is a Canon EOS 20D.

n3n

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2005, 01:57:44 pm »

Hmm, i think thats how it is supposed to be isnt it ? Else check your manual ?

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2005, 03:41:47 pm »

I have a few comments which may be helpful to either of you:

* n3n: to change the EXIF field display from "DateTime Original" to "Photo Added" (or whatever you want), you can change this in the language file, for example lang/english.php for English.  It's in the $lang_picinfo array (search for this or for the field you want to change).  I would recommend *not* changing the original english.php but instead copying it over to something like english-mod.php, changing that, and setting your language to that.  ...unless you let your users change languages.  In that case, copy the original file over to a backup directory somewhere else (as english-orig.php) and modify the lang/english.php directly.  Then, when doing an update in the future, you can compare the original to the modified one so you can apply your modifications to the new files.  Of course if you are letting your users change the language, you'll have to translate "Photo Added" into all the languages.

* it looks like you're trying the "Sort by EXIF date" mod, Cyclist, so maybe that will do what you want (once it's ported by you and/or others for 1.4.2)

* Cyclist: if you find that DateTime Original and DateTime Digitized are the same in another program but not in Coppermine, maybe there are some extra characters in the EXIF info that Coppermine EXIF parser (which is a third-party parser) is having trouble looking past.  I found that original photos from my camera work fine in Coppermine (all fields are parsed correctly), but if for example I rotate a photo using Windows XP's Picture Viewer, the photo's EXIF info looks fine in an EXIF viewer (and even in Windows Properties), but Coppermine shows some messed up fields (mostly extra numbers and the height or width fields go screwy).  I haven't figured out which characters or more likely the modification of the EXIF structure (since WinXP deletes the Orientation field after rotation) messes things up.  If I rotate again, fields change again and are still messed up.  I'm ignoring this right now until I figure it out and keeping the raw photos so I have the pristine EXIF info available.  (Yes there are utilities to backup the EXIF info but I haven't played with any enough to use it routinely.) 

In any case, my guess is that your missing DateTime Original field in Coppermine is due to such a modification to the photo, but I could be wrong.

Cyclist

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2005, 05:36:02 pm »

@Paver: I haven't done any image manipulation to my photo within coppermine. I have just added some keywords, titles to the database but that shouldn't effect the EXIF information.

I know that some programms destroy the EXIF information while editing but I do that always before uploading photos to coppermine. The image manipulation  is done with photoshop 6.0 and the offline administration with IMATCH. And IMATCH displays all the EXIF information correctly. Right now I am just doing the testing on a offline server but that shouldn't make any difference to the online server.

I am not looking for changing the EXIF date to Date added but the Date added to the EXIF date. And it's not the field name what should be changed but the content. So the renaming within the language file wouldn't be sufficient. That means that the date added should show the EXIF date. There will be probably some changes to be made but unfortunately I don't have the knowledge to do it. I have no idea how to change the code to get this working.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 06:02:55 pm by Cyclist »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.