Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Backing Up Database  (Read 3216 times)

greyias

• Coppermine newbie
Backing Up Database
« on: December 02, 2005, 04:03:43 pm »

Is there a way to save or backup the database, so I don't have to set up the photo gallery again.

What I'm doing is converting my phpbb board to a smf board, and I need an extra database open for a while. Of course, I've also tied in my registration and member process to that board, so I'm not sure if it's possible to convert that back, or what. So would it just be easier for me to delete the gallery and re-install it when I convert the board, or is it possible to save everything?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Backing Up Database
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 04:12:50 pm »

don't delete and re-install. Instead: when your phpbb board goes down, temporarily disable bridging in coppermine (you might want to set it offline to in coppermine's config). Then convert your bbs. Next, re-enable bridging, using the smf bridge file instead of the one for phpbb. Before doing all this, it's mandatory to backup: most importantly, backup your forum (so you can savely go back in case anything goes wrong), but it is always a good idea to backup your coppermine gallery as well. To backup, copy all your files (using your FTP app) to your local hard disk and create a mySQL dump that contains both structure and data. Recommended apps for creating database dumps are phpMyAdmin and mySqlDumper.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.