Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Umlautdarstellung is not working  (Read 7610 times)

beneedict

• Coppermine newbie
Umlautdarstellung is not working
« on: December 02, 2005, 05:18:16 am »

German "Umlaute" are shown in a quite strange way, independent from the Browser or the Template used...
Have a look on: http://beneedict.be.funpic.de/coppermine

Sorry that I chose this part of the forum, didn't know which would fit better ;-)
Thx, Benedikt

[edit GauGau]
There are users who appear to misunderstand this thread, so let me say this clearly: you must not edit include/themes.inc.php, under no circumstances!
[/edit]
« Last Edit: December 26, 2005, 09:54:50 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Umlautdarstellung is not working
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 08:23:03 am »

looks fine for me, see attached screenshot.

Cyclist

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 10:54:39 am »

To me it seems there is a problem with the Umlaute of the language file. If I call up http://beneedict.be.funpic.de/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=random&cat=0&pos=-924 the Umlaute are not displayed correctly but the category / album titles containing Umlaute are displayed correctly.

beneedict

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 12:51:46 pm »

Sorry, yes, you are right: This problem occurs only in menus but not in Text I wrote... So it should  be a problem with the language file.

Nibbler

beneedict

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 01:13:13 pm »

Works fine BUT: Now the text I wrote has these problems!!! It looks like some letters after the former German Umlaut are deleted. If I rewrite the texts, so are they shown in a correct way then. I will use this workaround meanwhile. Just not perfect  :-[
But would still be very happy about hints how to fix the problem, because this way doesn't work out with everything :( For example: http://beneedict.be.funpic.de/coppermine/index.php?cat=8 --> it is not possible to change "kurze Ausfl?d>" due to it messed up everything even in the mysql!!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 02:20:17 pm by beneedict »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 03:34:44 pm »

is your db set to utf-8 encoding?

beneedict

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2005, 03:44:59 pm »

If you are talking about the option in the configuration menu --> language-options: yes, it's utf-8

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2005, 03:49:51 pm »

no, I'm talking about the encoding of the database being set to utf-8, not the individual page coppermine creates.

beneedict

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2005, 03:53:51 pm »

Sounds interesting, how can I achieve this? To be honest I have no idea if this is the case :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

beneedict

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2005, 02:51:36 am »

Perfect! just converted from western to utf-8 and looks really good!
Thx!!!
Benedikt

Joel

• Coppermine newbie
    • Foto Gallery
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2006, 11:21:47 pm »

Hi all,

hope I'm right her.
Just updated from V 1.34 and I have to say: great work. Big thanks to the hole team!

I deleted everything in my cpg-folder except albums. And played back anycontent.php and config.inc.php only so far.
First I encountered some probs with umlaute as well, but after reading a bit in here I converted from Western-iso to utf-8 with charsetmgr.php already.
So far so good. The menus shows umlaute (with german language selected), the keywords in file information do, but in IPTC they are for some reason false  :-(

IPTC informations had been added with Imatch and I'm pretty sure I can't change a thing on that (means within encoding).

Any suggestions? : Stock Photo Gallery

Btw: changing the language to english_gb only shows two categories of the menu. US-english and AFAIS all the others (except Korean) shows it correct.

ps
sorry - just saw it now I posted in a "solved thread" - sorry.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2006, 08:02:41 am »

It's a drawback of using utf-8: IPTC doesn't support Umlauts in utf-8 encoding. Either convert coppermine's database back to western encoding or modify your IPTC data - I'm sorry, there's currently no other solution.

Joel

• Coppermine newbie
    • Foto Gallery
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2006, 07:48:41 pm »

It's a drawback of using utf-8: IPTC doesn't support Umlauts in utf-8 encoding. Either convert coppermine's database back to western encoding or modify your IPTC data - I'm sorry, there's currently no other solution.

Okay - thanks for the quick answer.
I guess I switched to utf-8 because I encountered some strange effects after I updated and they showed up again after I converted it back to Western.
Keywords are okay, german menus not

Code: [Select]
Füge Deinen Kommentar hinzu

I just had a look to the german language file and this is because its defined as utf-8. Not a big thing, since I use english as default and if needed, I will change the contents of german.php by myself.

But IPTC still don't work regardless which encoding I use, which irritates me most.

Also noticed, some EXIF-Data are shown wrong. Not within every image; first I thought it like that because EXIF Data aren't complete or holds lesser information, f.e. because the lense didn't do a metering.
I noticed a different routine is used for gathering EXIF Data out of the images. Seems on some images the entry point / offset doesn't work.
But I have to admit I doesn't have a proper idea anymore - since its not because of different lenses I used on the same camera and always the same Imatch routine was used to alter EXIF, where possible.

http://www.stock-photogallery.de/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=114&pos=1

Code: [Select]
Exif Bildhöhe: 199680 pixels

and here exactly the same picture in another Gallery, Coppermine V 1.33
http://f.otogallery.de/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=114&pos=1

Everything's fine here.

What I actuall did: I copied structure and data from the V1.33 DB to V1.43 DB - same as doing a dump and execute SQL. I emptied directories and uploaded all files of V 1.43 again.I launched update.php.
I didn't changed a thing within the configuration (except URL and the name of the Gallery), resp. encoding, 'cause its still western, like on the V1.33 DB
Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.