Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Umlautdarstellung is not working  (Read 7611 times)

beneedict

• Coppermine newbie
Umlautdarstellung is not working
« on: December 02, 2005, 05:18:16 am »

German "Umlaute" are shown in a quite strange way, independent from the Browser or the Template used...
Have a look on: http://beneedict.be.funpic.de/coppermine

Sorry that I chose this part of the forum, didn't know which would fit better ;-)
Thx, Benedikt

[edit GauGau]
There are users who appear to misunderstand this thread, so let me say this clearly: you must not edit include/themes.inc.php, under no circumstances!
[/edit]
« Last Edit: December 26, 2005, 09:54:50 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Umlautdarstellung is not working
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 08:23:03 am »

looks fine for me, see attached screenshot.

Cyclist

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 10:54:39 am »

To me it seems there is a problem with the Umlaute of the language file. If I call up http://beneedict.be.funpic.de/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=random&cat=0&pos=-924 the Umlaute are not displayed correctly but the category / album titles containing Umlaute are displayed correctly.

beneedict

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 12:51:46 pm »

Sorry, yes, you are right: This problem occurs only in menus but not in Text I wrote... So it should  be a problem with the language file.

Nibbler

beneedict

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 01:13:13 pm »

Works fine BUT: Now the text I wrote has these problems!!! It looks like some letters after the former German Umlaut are deleted. If I rewrite the texts, so are they shown in a correct way then. I will use this workaround meanwhile. Just not perfect  :-[
But would still be very happy about hints how to fix the problem, because this way doesn't work out with everything :( For example: http://beneedict.be.funpic.de/coppermine/index.php?cat=8 --> it is not possible to change "kurze Ausfl?d>" due to it messed up everything even in the mysql!!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 02:20:17 pm by beneedict »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 03:34:44 pm »

is your db set to utf-8 encoding?

beneedict

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2005, 03:44:59 pm »

If you are talking about the option in the configuration menu --> language-options: yes, it's utf-8

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2005, 03:49:51 pm »

no, I'm talking about the encoding of the database being set to utf-8, not the individual page coppermine creates.

beneedict

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2005, 03:53:51 pm »

Sounds interesting, how can I achieve this? To be honest I have no idea if this is the case :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

beneedict

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2005, 02:51:36 am »

Perfect! just converted from western to utf-8 and looks really good!
Thx!!!
Benedikt

Joel

• Coppermine newbie
    • Foto Gallery
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2006, 11:21:47 pm »

Hi all,

hope I'm right her.
Just updated from V 1.34 and I have to say: great work. Big thanks to the hole team!

I deleted everything in my cpg-folder except albums. And played back anycontent.php and config.inc.php only so far.
First I encountered some probs with umlaute as well, but after reading a bit in here I converted from Western-iso to utf-8 with charsetmgr.php already.
So far so good. The menus shows umlaute (with german language selected), the keywords in file information do, but in IPTC they are for some reason false  :-(

IPTC informations had been added with Imatch and I'm pretty sure I can't change a thing on that (means within encoding).

Any suggestions? : Stock Photo Gallery

Btw: changing the language to english_gb only shows two categories of the menu. US-english and AFAIS all the others (except Korean) shows it correct.

ps
sorry - just saw it now I posted in a "solved thread" - sorry.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2006, 08:02:41 am »

It's a drawback of using utf-8: IPTC doesn't support Umlauts in utf-8 encoding. Either convert coppermine's database back to western encoding or modify your IPTC data - I'm sorry, there's currently no other solution.

Joel

• Coppermine newbie
    • Foto Gallery
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2006, 07:48:41 pm »

It's a drawback of using utf-8: IPTC doesn't support Umlauts in utf-8 encoding. Either convert coppermine's database back to western encoding or modify your IPTC data - I'm sorry, there's currently no other solution.

Okay - thanks for the quick answer.
I guess I switched to utf-8 because I encountered some strange effects after I updated and they showed up again after I converted it back to Western.
Keywords are okay, german menus not

Code: [Select]
Füge Deinen Kommentar hinzu

I just had a look to the german language file and this is because its defined as utf-8. Not a big thing, since I use english as default and if needed, I will change the contents of german.php by myself.

But IPTC still don't work regardless which encoding I use, which irritates me most.

Also noticed, some EXIF-Data are shown wrong. Not within every image; first I thought it like that because EXIF Data aren't complete or holds lesser information, f.e. because the lense didn't do a metering.
I noticed a different routine is used for gathering EXIF Data out of the images. Seems on some images the entry point / offset doesn't work.
But I have to admit I doesn't have a proper idea anymore - since its not because of different lenses I used on the same camera and always the same Imatch routine was used to alter EXIF, where possible.

http://www.stock-photogallery.de/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=114&pos=1

Code: [Select]
Exif Bildhöhe: 199680 pixels

and here exactly the same picture in another Gallery, Coppermine V 1.33
http://f.otogallery.de/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=114&pos=1

Everything's fine here.

What I actuall did: I copied structure and data from the V1.33 DB to V1.43 DB - same as doing a dump and execute SQL. I emptied directories and uploaded all files of V 1.43 again.I launched update.php.
I didn't changed a thing within the configuration (except URL and the name of the Gallery), resp. encoding, 'cause its still western, like on the V1.33 DB
Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.