Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Download video hack for v. 1.4.2  (Read 40034 times)

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Download video hack for v. 1.4.2
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2006, 11:58:26 pm »

hi guys ive sorted it in fashion by copying the whole of the sample theme.php to my template theme.php - but it does spoil the look of the mavigation a bit - but at least it works
You shouldn't have copied all of sample theme.php... just the function(s) you want to modify.

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2006, 03:19:24 am »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2006, 02:00:39 pm »

copying the whole of the sample theme.php to my template theme.php
You mustn't do that. Only copy the section you want to see changed, not the entire content of themes/sample/theme.php

Glorn

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2007, 06:28:01 am »

With this hack in place, IE works just fine for downloading.

However, Firefox reads all files as filetype "application/octet-stream" and then saves them as such.

I know that this is from the download.php code, but does anyone know why Firefox is doing this and IE is not?

And if so, can I correct it so that Firefox recoginzes the appropriate filetype?

Thank you,

Glorn H.

gldickens3

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2007, 06:23:54 am »

Hello,

I have a very strange problem for which I would like some guidance.

I successfully implemented this Download Video Hack modification and it works great;  That is, it works great for clients running Windows with Windows Media Player.  However, videos cease functioning once this hack is implemented on clients running Linux with the MPlayer Plug-In For Firefox.  I have tested this extensively with CentOS 5 running MPlayer version 1.0rc2 along with Mplayer Plug-In version 3.45.  I compiled both Mplayer and the Mplayer Plug-In from source and they both otherwise work great.

I have two websites running very similar copies of Coppermine.  I discovered that when I implemented the Download Video Hack on both websites that the MPlayer Plug-In quit working for both websites and that the Mplayer Plug-In began working again when I reverted back to the code without the Download Video Hack.  So, to demonstrate, I have set one website up with the Download Video Hack and set the other website up without the Download Video Hack.  Here are a couple of samples of each:

Two Videos Without Download Video Hack can be viewed at:

http://www.dickens.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=24

Two Videos With Download Video Hack:

http://georgiajets.org/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=24
http://georgiajets.org/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=31

The dickens.com site has not implemented the Download Video Hack whereas the georgiajets.org site has.  So, playing any of the videos on either of the sites will demonstrate what I am describing.  Please keep in mind that the client must be running MPlayer with the MPlayer Plug-In for Firefox in order to replicate this problem.

This problem may very well be caused by an issue with the MPlayer Plug-In instead of Coppermine but I wanted to see if anybody had observed this phenomona and whether there is a known work around.  I say this primarily since the Download Video Hack appears to work fine under Windows with Windows Media Player.  I am hopeful that someone has already found a solution.  I have played around with the code some but I cannot make it work.  All the while, I will readily admit that this hack shouldn't affect any media player.

I hope that this is the proper thread under which to post this issue.

Many thanks in advance for your reply.

Gordon Dickens

gldickens3

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2007, 09:33:21 pm »

OK.  I solved my own problem.  My theme is a custom theme and uses the variable "clsid" instead of "classid" in the code that is modified for this hack.  As soon as I changed the variable "classid" in the modified code back to "clsid" then the MPlayer Plug-in started working with this hack.  I don't really understand why it was working in Windows Media Player and not with MPlayer Plug-In but I now have it working properly in both places.

FYI,

Gordon
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.