Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Make intermediate pics -> Create intermediate pictures  (Read 4357 times)

Makc666

• Translator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Русский (ISO-8859-1) - Russian - Ðóññêèé (Windows)
    • Makc's home page
Make intermediate pics -> Create intermediate pictures
« on: December 01, 2005, 03:06:54 pm »

In english.php there is code:
Code: [Select]
  'delete_intermediate_explanation' => 'This will delete intermediate (normal) pictures.<br />Use this to free up disk space if you have disabled \'Make intermediate pics\' in config after adding pictures.', //cpg1.4
But there is no such option as 'Make intermediate pics' in Config panel.
There is: 'Create intermediate pictures'

So the code must be:
  'delete_intermediate_explanation' => 'This will delete intermediate (normal) pictures.<br />Use this to free up disk space if you have disabled \'Create intermediate pictures\' in config after adding pictures.', //cpg1.4
P.S. Just fixed the title of the topic to: "Make intermediate pics -> Create intermediate pictures"
I didn't know that the mark Invalid will disappear. :-\\
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 08:39:46 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Make intermediate pics -> Create intermediate pics
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 11:50:29 pm »

don't make false assumptions, the english text is perfectly ok and meant exactly as written.

Makc666

• Translator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Русский (ISO-8859-1) - Russian - Ðóññêèé (Windows)
    • Makc's home page
Re: Make intermediate pics -> Create intermediate pics
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 12:53:52 am »

don't make false assumptions, the english text is perfectly ok and meant exactly as written.
I didn't understand why you said that it is false assumptions.
In:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/coppermine/devel/lang/english.php?rev=1.282&view=markup
there is main code:
array('Create intermediate pictures','make_intermediate',1, 'f=index.htm&amp;as=admin_picture_thumbnail_intermediate_toggle&amp;ae=admin_picture_thumbnail_intermediate_toggle_end'), //cpg1.4There are words: 'Create intermediate pictures'

In secondary (subordinate) code, which refers to the first one there is:
'delete_intermediate_explanation' => 'This will delete intermediate (normal) pictures.<br />Use this to free up disk space if you have disabled \'Make intermediate pics\' in config after adding pictures.', //cpg1.4There are words:  if you have disabled 'Make intermediate pics' in config

Of course I understand that there is no difference in english between words: 'Create' and 'Make', but...
If some man will read words: 'if you have disabled 'Make intermediate pics' in config'
And then go to Confi panel,
Press 'Expand All' and will use Ctrl + F to search for that option 'Make intermediate pics' he will not find it, as its real name is: 'Create intermediate pictures'.

So he will go to the forum and asks why he can find 'Make intermediate pics'.
I think we also must note that not all one knows English so well.
That it.
Nothing else.

P.S. Just fixed the title of the topic to: "Make intermediate pics -> Create intermediate pictures"
I didn't know that the mark Invalid will disappear. :-\\

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
Re: Make intermediate pics -> Create intermediate pictures
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 04:06:33 am »

It's a minor distinction in the english language, however it is essentially a proper name for an item, so the meaning of the two entries is irrelevant, they are not the same in the context it is being used.

The english language file will be more accurate with this correction.

I'll make the change to english.php.  This change doesn't materially change the language file, and won't affect other language files, as they would have a different interpretation of the label.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.