Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SOLVED - Batch Add Files - No new file was found  (Read 4401 times)

Hank1234

• Coppermine newbie
SOLVED - Batch Add Files - No new file was found
« on: September 19, 2006, 05:29:15 am »

HELP - After upgrading to 1.4.8 Batch Add Files no longer works. I get "No new file was found
".

So Far I have set permissions to 777 on all files, read the support forum and peakedat the code - No Luck so far.

Link is http://www.delawaresaengerbund.org/Cmine/index.php. I am attempting to add pictures to our 2006 Oktoberfest album. Pictures  are in folder Upload. I think I have followed the direction in your documentation - 4.11.4 Upload troubleshooting.

Logon is:  TestUser 
PWD is: TestUser
Group is Submitter

Hank
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 06:42:56 pm by Nibbler »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Batch Add Files - No new file was found
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 07:34:59 am »

Do exactly as suggested in http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_trouble and post a deep link to one of the files you're trying to batch-add.

Hank1234

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 02:27:52 pm »

OK I think I've done that - if not pls advise what I missed.

When I uploaded 1 picture it went into the userpics directory with no error messages. But userpics does not show as one of  the directories that I can select under Batch Add files. I can see it under Upload Approval. This is not what I need to do. I need to add about 100 pictures. In 1.3 I uploaded them to their directory and then used Batch Add to add the pics.

My directory structure is  \Cmine\album\UploadedImages\2006Oktoberfest
              \Cmine\album\Uploads

I have not used \Cmine\album\edit and \Cmine\album\userpics. I don't remember seeing them under 1.3. Is there a hard codecd specific protocol for using a specific file sturcture when batch adding files?

Nibbler

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 02:33:58 pm »

My directory structure is  \Cmine\album\UploadedImages\2006Oktoberfest
Not a deep link. A deep link would be something like http://www.delawaresaengerbund.org/Cmine/albums/some_folder/some_subfolder/actual_pic.jpg
http://www.delawaresaengerbund.org/Cmine/albums/UploadedImages/2006Oktoberfest/ returns a 404 not found, so you posted the wrong data above. Not sure what else to suggest.

Can't tell you more, as you have admin approval turned on, so I couldn't verify immediately if my test upload worked OK.

Hank1234

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 08:11:49 pm »

GauGau: Deep Link is www.delawaresaengerbund.org/Cmine/albums/uploads/ACPICT0033.JPG

I have looked over the Config panel and didn't see any obvious way to turnoff Admin Approval. I made some minor changes to the Submitter group. How do I turn off Admin Approval reqd?

Would it help to include the debug info I get?

Hank

PS: When I click the above I get a 403 Forbidden. But I can navigate to the page starting at www.delawaresaengerbund.org/Cmine and then follow the link down to the above page.  I have checked the permissions on the directories and file. They seem OK - CMine is 755 all others are 777.

PPS: I approved your upload and it worked fine. Per note witht he upload, I have deleted the picture.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 08:46:36 pm by Hank1234 »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 11:03:47 pm »

When I click the above I get a 403 Forbidden.
That's what you need to fix: something on your webserver, not related to coppermine. Check for improperly configured hotlink protection. If you can't figure this out on your own, ask your webhost for support.

I have looked over the Config panel and didn't see any obvious way to turnoff Admin Approval.
Groups panel. Please read the docs.

Would it help to include the debug info I get?
No. Supporters will explicitely ask for debug_output if they need it. I don't need it for your issue: the above mentioned permissions issue (403 error) is the culprit, no doubt about that.

Joachim

Hank1234

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 02:18:46 am »

The 403 Forbidden has been fixed. Deep Link now works www.delawaresaengerbund.org/Cmine/albums/uploads/ACPICT0033.JPG

Config set for TestUser/TestUser to upload an image via HTTP without needing the Admin to approve. I have tested this with a user Album.  Works fine with no errors.

But, the Batch Add Files option still does not work. I still get "No new files found".

Hank
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 05:07:06 pm by Hank1234 »

Hank1234

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2006, 05:39:10 pm »

Solved it myself after hacknig th ecode. When upgrading from 1.3 somehow the intermediate configuration setting was either never set or blanked out. Thus function "getfoldercontent" in searchnew.php treated all files as old.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.