Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch Add files, files uploaded before keep showing  (Read 5046 times)

scorpico

• Coppermine newbie
Batch Add files, files uploaded before keep showing
« on: December 01, 2005, 07:06:53 pm »

hi,

I just got the latest version of coppermine working on my website. it's an amazing prgram, thank you very much. I've been using coppermine for years and well... I used the old Batch Add files version in which your couldn't pick your folders, it would simply show you everything under the base directory.

Anyway in older versions of coppermine, after using Batch Add Files, the files that are uploaded will not show in the list after they were uploaded into the database. what I mean is that for example, if I had say 10 pics in the folder and I uploaded them thru batch Add Files, I would get the 10 files found and uploaded, but if I hit Batch Add Files again, it would tell me no files found even if those 10 files are still there, simply because they are in the database already. so if I add say 2 more pictures to the folder, and hit Batch add files, I would get 2 new files found and I could upload only those 2 new ones that were not in the database before.

In this new version, everytime I hit Batch Add files I would get all the pictures regardless on if they have been loaded thru Batch Add Files in the past. I see in the bottom that there is an icon that shows if the files are duplicate and they won't be loaded. but everytime I add the files I get an OK. so now my album has some pictures repeated, 2 or 3 times.

Is there anyway for Batch Add Files to not show the pictures that were uploaded in the past?

Thank you for your help in advance
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 12:22:01 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Batch Add files, files uploaded before keep showing
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 08:10:55 am »

You're wrong: even in older versions, files that already existed in coppermine's database showed up, but the checkboxes in front of them were not ticked. This hasn't changed in cpg1.4.x unless you changed the filenames after adding the files to the database. If you think that I'm wrong, post some screenshots to illustrate your issue.

scorpico

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Batch Add files, files uploaded before keep showing
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 06:45:17 pm »

thank you for you answer, now I see how it works.

but about the how it used to be, I am sure it would simply not show the files already in the database. but maybe it was a special coppermine version which was included with a php-nuke package.

Anyway, the way is it right now works ok for me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.