Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Implementing videos + Getting rid of the font from banner.  (Read 5251 times)

GladiatoR

• Coppermine novice
Implementing videos + Getting rid of the font from banner.
« on: November 30, 2005, 10:48:18 am »

I'm currently using the Hardwired theme and my website is www.farkin.tk

At the top of the page on the right it says Farkin, how do I get rid of this? Also, how do I implement a video function so you can watch videos off the website without downloading them?

Kind regards Joe.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 11:38:33 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Implementing videos + Getting rid of the font from banner.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 11:00:21 am »

I'm currently using the Hardwired theme and my website is www.farkin.tk
The actual gallery page is http://www.farkin.ugtech.net/gallery/ - framed setups suck imo, and there's little point in it.

At the top of the page on the right it says Farkin, how do I get rid of this?
edit themes/hardwired/template.html, find
Code: [Select]
<div class="gal_name">{GAL_NAME}</div>and comment it out or remove it.

Also, how do I implement a video function so you can watch videos off the website without downloading them?
We have a "one question per thread" policy you agreed to respect when signing up. Do so in the future. Coppermine just displays the video embedded into the page using the media player you have on your local pc. If the video codec you use doesn't support this, you can't - so this depends on your video material rather than coppermine. The idea of a www browser is that page content is being downloaded from the website to your client and displayed there. If you need actual streaming, you'll have to rent a webserver that comes with real streaming (expensive!). This is not a matter of design of coppermine, but a matter of webserver setup, browser setup and media player design.

GladiatoR

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 11:02:37 am »

Thanks for your quick reply. When you say it's a bad idea to used a frame setup, what do you mean by that?

GladiatoR

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 11:09:41 am »

Btw, that code isn't in there.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 11:25:29 am »

Btw, that code isn't in there.
OK, sorry. For cpg1.3.x, the code to look for is actually
<span class="gal_name">{GAL_NAME}</span>However, this should have been easy to spot with the information I provided in above posting, the important bit being {GAL_NAME} (surprisingly).

Thanks for your quick reply. When you say it's a bad idea to used a frame setup, what do you mean by that?
You're just disguising the fact that you're on budget webhosting with the use of the framed setup. Frames suck when it comes to search engines, they suck in respect to bookmarks and they suck in design. This has been discussed on many sites all over the internet for years, I won't repeat this argument - google for it. Trust me, there are only a few examples of sites that make clever use of frames. The way you are using frames is just lame and 20th century - sorry to sound rude, but you asked for my opinion. No offense ;D.

GladiatoR

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 11:30:11 am »

But i'm not sure what your talking about in regards to frames? Are you talking about how the website has got the main middle section and the big background at the back?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 11:38:21 am »

I'm refering to
<html>

<head>
    <title>farkin.tk</title>
    <meta name="description" content="mountain bike">
    <meta name="keywords" content="ok">
  </head>

<frameset rows="*,1" framespacing="0" border="0" frameborder="NO">

<frame src="http://farkin.ugtech.net/" name="dot_tk_frame_content" scrolling="auto" noresize>
  </frameset>

<noframes>
    <body>
    </body>
  </noframes>

</html>
However, I will not continue this discussion here, as it will lead into a flame war or similar. If you want to find out why I think that frames suck, do as I suggested and google for it. If you don't care what I think, then just forget it and use the site as is.
Marking this thread as "solved", as your initial questions have been solved anyway.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.