Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Specific album upload permissions per user-group ?  (Read 5962 times)

amirw2k

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
Specific album upload permissions per user-group ?
« on: November 30, 2005, 03:09:18 am »

Hi all,

Is there a way to give upload permissions for a specific user group for a specific album?
I've never used ver 1.3 so I don't know if there is a mod enabling this feature. If there is, I might try to convert it to ver 1.4.

What I need is to let a group of users upload to a public album. The current sitsuation allows me to give upload permissions for a group for all public albums. I want to create a group that can upload directly to a public album without admin approval and this can be harmful when dealing with many albums.

The current permissions per album are only given for viewing but not uploading. It would be very useful to add another combo-box inside the album's properties to allow upload permissions for a specific group as well.

Any ideas?

Amir W

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Specific album upload permissions per user-group ?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 08:46:12 am »

no, this currently isn't possible. A more granular permission management is being considered for future versions. Currently, you can't set permissions like that: if an album is set to "visitors can upload"=yes, all user groups who have permission to upload to public albums will have permission to upload there. You can't specify a certain group only. As a workaround, set admin approval to yes for all groups but for the group of users you fully trust (those can have uploadapproval=no).

amirw2k

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
Re: Specific album upload permissions per user-group ?
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 10:20:53 am »

Creating a group of trusted people that can upload to all public albums is a good idea. I will use it and be looking forward to the advanced permission managment system :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.