Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CPG1.2.1 released  (Read 6219 times)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
CPG1.2.1 released
« on: December 13, 2003, 11:49:50 pm »

Hi folks,

we have just released cpg1.2.1.
It has got the same features as cpg1.2.0rc2 and cpg1.2.0final; there are no database manipulations necessary to upgrade from 1.2.0 to 1.2.1, just overwrite the files.
It became necessary to release 1.2.1 because there were some bugs discovered (especially in some language files) in 1.2.0final. If your 1.2.0final is running fine for your, there's no need to upgrade though (but users of cpg1.2.0rc2 are encouraged to upgrade to fix some bugs that may not be visible in the first place).
In fact, 1.2.1 is not an all-new version and is closely related to 1.2.0 - we decided to name it 1.2.1 to avoid confusion for end users (it's stupid to have a version called "final2" after you released a "final").
We will continue to just count up the version numbers for any future releases, without adding attributes like "final" to it - sorry for any confusion this might have created.

No matter if you're doing a fresh install or upgrade from a previous version of coppermine, be sure to read the manual and documentation that comes with the package (inside the "docs"-folder).

As there has been some confusion within the phpnuke community I want to make sure you understand: above release is only for the standalone version of coppermine (although it features bbs integration), it can not be used with phpnuke!

Cheers

GauGau

Whatevah

• Coppermine newbie
Re: CPG1.2.1 released
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2003, 04:53:49 am »

awesome stuff!

I had just seen the file with zero downloads, so I had to go check the forum to see what the file was.  :)

1st Downloader!  (well, ok... it showed zero, but I know SF has a bug in the statistics)

This is an awesome photo gallery, I've been following it for a while, since before the move to SourceForge.

MaThIbUs

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • I rock.
    • http://mathibus.com/
CPG1.2.1 released
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2003, 03:33:44 pm »

awesome!

what are the new features? or is it 'only' a bug fix?

edit: "standalone package".. :shock: does this mean there's no phpBB/Invision Powerboard/... integration?!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: CPG1.2.1 released
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2003, 09:22:05 am »

Quote from: "gaugau"
It has got the same features as cpg1.2.0rc2 and cpg1.2.0final;
like I said: same features as cpg1.2.0, only fixes went into it. Of course it has bbs integration, the name "standalone" is used since cpg1.1 to show that it doesn't need phpnuke or some other software to run.

GauGau

FinnK

• Coppermine novice
What files/folders to overwrite?
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2003, 12:34:14 am »

Sorry, but I have to be 100% sure about this. What files/folders do I overwrite and what should NOT be touched when I go from RC2 to version 1.2.1 ?

All files/folders except any files in the album folder?

I have done some mods in the theme.php so I may keep that one with my mods, or are there any changes for 1.2.1 in this file too?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
CPG1.2.1 released
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2003, 08:55:35 am »

try replacing all but the albums and themes folder. If this doesn't work for you, get a diff viewer like winmerge to see what the difference between two files is. Backup your files first, so you can always go back.

GauGau

MaThIbUs

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • I rock.
    • http://mathibus.com/
Re: What files/folders to overwrite?
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2003, 03:36:50 pm »

Quote from: "FinnK"
Sorry, but I have to be 100% sure about this. What files/folders do I overwrite and what should NOT be touched when I go from RC2 to version 1.2.1 ?

All files/folders except any files in the album folder?

I have done some mods in the theme.php so I may keep that one with my mods, or are there any changes for 1.2.1 in this file too?

i'm working on a tutorial on how to make old themes work with CPG 1.2.1, if that's what you mean :roll:

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/viewtopic.php?p=11395
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.