Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Mod Pack: Watermark, better thumbs, avatar, buddy, PM, notification  (Read 290054 times)

kubanik

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Mod Pack: Watermark, better thumbs, avatar, buddy, PM, notification
« Reply #140 on: February 20, 2006, 08:30:37 pm »

im sorry for this stupid question but:
where do you put the SQL? Thank you

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #141 on: February 21, 2006, 10:54:28 am »

the 'SQL' is a description of your database setup. Best is to use a tool like phpmyadmin to do the changes (and of course make backups before)

n3n

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #142 on: February 21, 2006, 03:22:23 pm »

What photoshop export settins you guys use for the watermark ? Keep having weird white lines across, like a border.
Got the bridge working really well :) Only problem left is the report to admin.
I'll post some debug info later on.

cheers

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #143 on: February 21, 2006, 04:16:29 pm »

has already been answerd here and in the watermark thread.. I assume you're using GD2
-> http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=24341.msg128162#msg128162

Constantin

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #144 on: February 22, 2006, 01:37:29 am »

Hello Stramm, thank you so much for your great mods!

I am having an issue with my gallery, and due to my uncertainty (and lack of knowledge) I decided to post my question here. I have just upgraded from version 1.3.4 to 1.4.3, and therefore lost all of your superb mods that I was using in the previous one (these were the better thembs: exact size and unsharp masking, and the watermark mod).  As a result of the upgrade the thumbnails of the albums the pictures that were uploaded before the update became stitched. I tried several combinations in the config but with no luck in succeeding the "aesthetical beauty". The strange thing is that the category thumbnails remain how they used to be before (150x150px). I was planning to install the new mods and see if they could fix that but since the gallery is bridged with phpbb I got a bit scared when I read the first post, where you say that there may be bugs with the private messages in bridged forums. And that leads to my next question - do the mods come only as a pack - I don't need all of them, maybe just the watermark and the thumbs again.

What should I do in order to fix the stitching bug and how can I let our users enjoy once again your great mods without having to install the whole modpack?

Thank you very much in advance!

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #145 on: February 22, 2006, 08:58:25 am »

I think after the post on the first page I've made the query in question admin settable... means you can turn everything off that may produce errors in a bridged CPG (comment notification, private messages, buddy list)
Backup files and db before applying the mod.

If you just wish to undo the 'exact size' thumbs, then goto the admin tools and recreate the thumbs...

Not sure when (cause I haven't looked into bridging yet) but soon I'll guess I'll come up with phpBB bridge support

And yes, the mods come only as pack cause maintaining them is/ was a lot of work. And it's not only each mod per se but the combinations

However all should work smooth if you disable the mentioned functions. And in
Performance settings 
Display buddy status info when logged in (2q)
Display pm status info when logged in (2q) 

Constantin

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #146 on: February 22, 2006, 02:05:08 pm »

Thank you for your fast reply!

It is great that you can enable/disbale the mods from the admin panel. I have backed up my db and the files to be replaced - so I'm ready to roll :). The only question that I have is whether I should preserve my old table names (that are cpg134 and not 142) while doing the MySQL Querry for the creaton of the new ones for the mods. Will there be problems if I change the 142 from the query to 134, or this will mean that I'will have to change the names as well in the php files of the mods? I guess that since I already have the cpg134_config table, I should do the query to that table and not 142, which does not exist. What about the tables created from scratch then, which are dedicated to the mods themselves (like cpg 142_pms), should I leave them that way? :-[

I think that is all, thank you again in advance.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 03:05:25 pm by Constantin »

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #147 on: February 22, 2006, 03:43:22 pm »

you just continue with the prefix you're already using
so you have to replace all cpg142_ with cpg134_

Constantin

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #148 on: February 22, 2006, 04:27:50 pm »

I am sorry, for questioning again, but MySQL finds duplicate data /because I had some of the mods installed in the previous version/ and aborts the query. Should I use the IGNORE command or should I just overwrite the old keys using ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE? If so, could you please tell me how should I "compose" the commands in the querry (i.e where in the query should I put them exactly) because I have very little experience with MySQL?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 04:34:10 pm by Constantin »

Constantin

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #149 on: February 22, 2006, 07:56:34 pm »

Phew, I finally managed to make the database work, everything seems OK, except the category thumbnails don't show up. And I get a "Database error" when I click on someones' username. I think it has to do something with the bridging and the avatar hack (although it is disabled in config), because it gets the user details from the phpbb's table and not from the cpg's. Here is the debug info I get:

While executing query "SELECT *, username AS user_name,
                              user_email AS user_email,
                              user_regdate AS user_regdate,
                              user_from AS user_location,
                              user_website AS user_website,
                              user_id AS user_id,
                               AS avatar_url

FROM  `site_com_-_sql`.phpbb_users WHERE user_id = '68'" on 0

mySQL error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AS avatar_url

FROM  `site_com_-_sql`.phpbb_use' at line 7

Maybe I should edit something in profile.php, but I'm just not shure what it is...

*update: I just rolled back to the original index.php and the issue with the category thumbs not showing up was solved, could you please tell me if there are any important modifications in the modded index related to the watermarking, thumb mods and detailed pic info, as they are the only ones that I am planning to use - if not, I guess I'll stay with the original index.php
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 08:14:54 pm by Constantin »

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #150 on: February 22, 2006, 08:21:38 pm »

OK, for the category image... it's set by default that it uses the new feature 'mini thumbs' (these are disabled by default.. stupid, will need to change the SQL)... so either use the minithumbs or disable that category lead image is a mini thumb
Album list view -> Use mini thumb as category lead image

for the clickable names... in thumb view even the orig coppermine has that 'problem'. But here you can disable it in config. For the clickable names in comments.. that's a mod feature. It's coded into themes.inc.php

find
Code: [Select]
<b><a href="profile.php?uid={AUTHOR_ID}">{MSG_AUTHOR}</a></b><a name="comment{MSG_ID}">&nbsp;</a>
and replace with
<b>{MSG_AUTHOR}</b><a name="comment{MSG_ID}">&nbsp;</a>

Constantin

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #151 on: February 22, 2006, 08:56:22 pm »

The solution for the category thumbnails worked just fine, thank you!

I just remembered that before applying the mod, there were no problems with the clickable names under the thumbnails, nor in comments - on the profile page was showed even the number of photos uploaded by the user, which, in my opinion, is very cool. I tried rolling back to the original profile.php, but the problem still remains, so maybe something is wrong with another file. Looking at the query I see that unlike the other lines (user_id AS user_id) "avatar_url" is missing before AS avatar_url. Is there a way to insert it before or remove this line form the query completely? I hope this would solve the problem.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 09:07:33 pm by Constantin »

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #152 on: February 22, 2006, 09:48:57 pm »

I see what you mean... I'll have a look at this tomorrow. Still, clickable names in comments is a mod only feature

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #153 on: February 22, 2006, 10:07:59 pm »

quick fix...
some SQL to add, replace phpbb_ with the prefix your phpbb is using

ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD avatar_url varchar(255) NOT NULL default '';

then open bridge/phpbb2018.inc.php (if you use version 2.0.18 or higher, otehrwise phpbb.inc.php) and find

'grouptbl_group_name' => 'group_name' // name of 'group name' field in groups table

and replace with
'grouptbl_group_name' => 'group_name', // name of 'group name' field in groups table
                        'avatar_url' => "'avatar_url'" // name of 'avatar_url' field in users table

that's it ;)

good luck

Constantin

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #154 on: February 23, 2006, 03:21:41 pm »

It worked just perfect!

Thank you for all your help and good luck with your virtual and real life projects!

Stramm modding rocks!  8)

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #155 on: February 23, 2006, 03:32:08 pm »

Thanks... actually I'm working on the bridging (phpbb 2.0.18+). So far Avatars are working (comments and in profiles). PM links next to usernames are nearly finished (for bridged CPG), then buddy list and notifications.. that should it be

so if anyone cares to test  ;)

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #156 on: February 23, 2006, 07:37:35 pm »

phpbb bridge's finished...
-Avatars (the ones from phpbb) in cpg profile and comments, getting separately enabled in CPG config
-Notification emails on comments to subscribed users (switch in CPG config and using the PM notification switch in phpbb users profile)
-Buddy list
-PM links next to user names in thumb list and comments (of course using phpbb PM)

I just need someone who'd test it... without that I won't publish the new version

Constantin

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #157 on: February 24, 2006, 07:53:54 pm »

Hello, Stramm!

Sorry for the late reply. I would be glad to help you with the development of this mod. I can test it on two separate servers with coppermine and phbb bridged, and if you want you can test it there aswell to make sure everything is OK.

This is the least thing I can do, in order to show you my gratitude for your great work.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

eternaldrive

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #159 on: February 27, 2006, 06:55:20 am »

Nice work with the new themes Stramm they look really good  :D! How hard was is it to modify the themes? I'm thinking about changing some modifications to tentacle, what should i focus on for changing the color scheme?

Edit I noticed the pm and buddies list next to the logo, has this been added to the current theme or is something you are currently working on. It doesn't seem to be showing up with my site.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 09:49:59 am by eternaldrive »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.