Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THANKS to the devs  (Read 211083 times)

mdurg

• Coppermine newbie
Coppermine -> WOW
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2007, 11:09:19 pm »

I'm a total newbie and/or novice with PHP, MySQL and computers in general. But was able to successfully and pretty easily get Coppermine running on Windows Server 2003 with IIS.

Kudos to all you guys and gals who worked on this, it's a great piece of software!

mdurg

NitroRules

• Coppermine frequent poster
Re: THANKS to the devs
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2007, 11:55:17 am »

Coppermine ROCKS!

Thanks to all who developed this piece of art.
Florian

blueprins

• Coppermine newbie
    • Aşk
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2007, 01:24:38 am »

Thank a lot for this usefull site, great thank to coppermine-gallery  ;)

supostabme

• Coppermine newbie
    • nerrawsoft
I LOVE COPPERMINE
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2007, 07:54:05 pm »

now that i have it up and running i love it i love it alot it solved my gallery problem woohoo ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Trev98

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2007, 04:40:28 am »

Terrific software and amazingly better than most of the others out there. Thank you for the development and continued support.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2007, 07:54:12 am »

Steve Remington by PM:
On behalf of bwpc.org I would like to thank you and the Coppermine development team. We started our project in April of 2004 and limped along until we incorporated your software into our process.

Thank you very much for all your efforts and patience with the user community.

Regards,

Steve Remington
Curator, BWPC

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2007, 10:02:38 am »

Remmington66 might want to upgrade the cpg used at bwpc.org a bit. It's now at <!--Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.9 (stable)-->

Nice btw, love the b&w pics  :D

bigjoeduke

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2007, 08:25:06 pm »

I have a PHPBB fourm and was trying to use some mods to make it easier for pictures to be used.  I also chekced out several other gallery type packages, sadly I finally gave up a few months ago.  In my searches then I did not find Coppermine for some reason.

Four days ago I found Coppermine and gave it a try. 

My reaction:  OMFG this is *&^%$ing awesome!!!!!

The ease of install, the ease of "customizing", the ease of use is right off the top of my scale!!  I love this thing!!

In a matter of just a couple of hours I had the gallery installed, and over 1600 pictures imported and categorized!!! 

Many many many thanks to all the devs, retired and active, for this awesome, awesome piece of software!!!!!

I came back tho the Coppermine homepage for the sole purpose of sending a thank you email to the the devs, or support guys, giving them my support and happiness...then I saw this thread...thiank you (too) for starting the thread!!!

Give it a visit if you want...    http://www.bigjoeduke.com

thanks again!!!!

Big Joe Duke

Koekiemonster

• Coppermine newbie
    • Rens' place on the web
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2007, 10:58:18 pm »

Already using Coppermine for 2,5 years, and still haven't said thank you for this software. ;D
Thank you guys.

And thanks for this support forum. This is my first post here, because every question I had sofar, was solved by searching this forum.

Just continue the good work.

Look what I did with Coppermine: http://www.koekiemonster.tk/Fotoalbum/index.php

Kenshino

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2007, 03:18:41 pm »

Used Coppermine on and off for around 2-3 years? Kind of forgot. Installed it the first time years ago over others because wow, Coppermine is just.. so COOL. Because of issues with my ISP locking up my server, I had no access to the site I created for my Scout Group. So I dropped it

Years later now, I've decided to do it again and chose Coppermine, AGAIN!

You guys know why I chose Coppermine over and over again. It is just so good.

Thank you developers for making such a great Photo Gallery available for free!

Visit if you want to http://eaglescoutgroup.org/index.php?module=pnCPG

FrehleyFreakey

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2007, 03:38:32 pm »

...thanks for this support forum. This is my first post here, because every question I had so far, was solved by searching this forum.

This is SO true! I hadn't even registered until today, because any time I've had a problem I've searched here & found an answer quickly! Everyone here seems genuinely nice and helpful...the way you would WANT support to be but very rarely actually see it happen!  You guys are AWESOME!!!  Keep up the great work...this thread should wind up being the longest thread EVER!   ;D

Thanks again!  Coppermine ROCKS! 

de Paulus

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2007, 11:05:12 pm »

I would really like to thank everyone who has worked on this EXCELLENT product..
I was looking into buying a script, but after using numerous trial versions I was not really happy with any of them.
Up untill last week, I had never heard of  "coppermine", and when I did find it, I just thought to myself.. " Aaahh you get what you pay for!!" so I was in doubt, I ended up installing "Coppermine" and am REALLY pleased with it.. It is fantastic.
THANKS people 4 a 10/10 product.
Regards

blackRock

• Translator
  • Coppermine novice
    • DecoClub
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2007, 05:00:55 pm »

Yes, a BIG thanks to the devs!

I'm using CPG for only 3 1/2 months and my site is up 2 1/2 months by this time writing.
By reading the documentation, seen the examples, reading and reading again the forum I was able to achieve more than I could imagine for that time!
I've seen other software like that, but none was that easy to use and note they had the functionality of CPG.

Especially, a big thanks for the support forum. Quick and accurate replies have made a huge knowledge base.

Keep on!

realart

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2007, 03:23:27 pm »

You guys rock the planet!

I'm just getting started with my project called The Florence Academy Forum, an online extension of my school, The Florence Academy of Art (we are a small academy of realist sculptors and painters in Florence Italy.)  I have Coppermine bridged with phpBB and I never imagined how powerful these two would be together.

http://florenceacademyforum.com/phpBB/

and follow the link to the gallery

Thanks to you guys, and phpBB, I was able to launch this project and land a juicy scholarship!  You certainly deserve donations.  I wish there was a way to donate because at the moment I lack the know-how to develop the code further.

Many thanks from myself, the other students, and our school's Director Daniel Graves. ;D

JCphotog

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2007, 06:27:24 pm »

Thanks so much guys for a great gallery.  I'm using it at http://artdc.org/  and it is so important to have a great place for my members to upload images.  Your quick support and input are so wonderful!

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2007, 12:32:53 am »

I Heartilly thank the entire dev team for a great peice of software and some superb support of these forums.

At first I was a bit nervous of posting on here after reading some of the abusive threads. At first it lookd as if some of the devs were a little abrupt or aggresive but as you read more you soo learn that they are all trying to help. It's obvious that many of the devs give up plenty of their valuable time every day to provide support to all those who ask. It is also obvious and understandable that at times they get frustrated when people (including myself) do not read the documentation, don't do as asked or ask the same questions that have been asked a million times not to mention flaming. From running my own forum (and mine is much smaller than this), it's not just a matter of answering all the questions. There is also spam to deal with and many other tasks that use up this valuable time. On top of that they have to continue developing coppermine. I have learnt bucket loads from this site and just wish my skills were good enough to contribute.

There is also a language/ international culture barrier. People from one country may not understand fully a question asked or may reply in what to those of another nation see as abrupt. The language and culture of some nations just translates that way and in some cases coming across as rude especially to us British. In 99% of cases it is not meant that way. Feelings can be hard to express in words when you are short on time.

Next time you wnt to ask for support think about what you are asking for first and if you don't get the response you expected then ask yoursely why taking into account the above.

Once again, thanks to all the team.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Evil Prince

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2007, 05:20:51 pm »

Ditto all the happy folk! GREAT app, great functionability, flexible, easy upgrrades, easy insane tweaky admin changeability...brilliant, brilliant, BRILLIANT!!!

Thanks for all the untold hours of Support responses that are right on target, de rigeur, too!

I'd pay $100 for a commercial license... :-X ... Did I say that?  :)

bolt

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2007, 01:29:44 am »

Thank you to the DEVELOPERS, SUPPORT STAFF and the rest of the folks that are just plain helpful !

subsomatic

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2007, 04:42:34 pm »

I was looking for an email address to send my praise, but this will have to do.

I work at Lewis Media who helped develop SMF, so I have a lot of interaction with open source software. I also spend a lot of time integrating open source software with our CMS - which as you can imagine can be a bloody nightmare. I have never had the pleasure of working with Coppermine before, but what a breath of fresh air! Not only is your theme-ing system incredibly easy to use and efficient, but it actually works exactly the same way as our CMS theme-ing system! What I thought was going to take me a day to figure out took me all of an hour to do.

YOU GUYS ROCK!

<3

Coppertop

• Coppermine newbie
    • Coppertop Photo
Thank You!
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2007, 10:38:30 pm »

I don't know if this is the appropriate forum for this but I just want to thank the developers of Coppermine!

I have been struggling to get a website up and running.  I tried to build one with MS Publisher and even dabbled with Nuke-Evolution.  I ran across Coppermine while searching for Evolution Themes and was thrilled.

All I want is a website to showcase some of my photography and Coppermine fits the bill perfectly.  It's easy to manage, customize and looks great.  Eventually, I'll expand it for registered members but for now, it's simply a showcase of my work.

Thanks again.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.