Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THANKS to the devs  (Read 211333 times)

DJMaze

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • Dragonfly CMS
THANKS to the devs
« on: November 29, 2005, 04:16:11 am »

I hope this becomes the "thank you" thread of all satisfied users.
Afterall it's getting pretty annoying that there are so much issue/complaint threads although there are millions who like coppermine.
There are 2 kinds of users in this world: satisfied and complainers.
Why do we never hear something from the satisfied users?
http://coppermine-gallery.net/forum/index.php?topic=24315.0

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
Re: THANKS to the devs
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 03:20:25 am »

Gracias, merci buckets, kudos, and thank you all.  The developers do a great job of course, but I have to say the support staff are equally as impressive (and many are both!).  When one person out of 24000 has 16% of the posts on the forums, I have to wonder if a dozen or two support people make up almost half of the posts.  That's what I call service!  Your patience is inspiring.

Onward & upward!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 03:28:31 am by Paver »

Firestarter80

• Coppermine newbie
Just a Thanx
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 03:55:38 am »

I just wanted to thank all of the people who contributed to the creation of this wonderful piece of software.
I use coppermine photo gallery on my website, and I'm very pleased with it.

Thanx, Thanx, and another Thanx

Greetings, Robert

www.barmeneerjansen.nl

hokum

• Coppermine newbie
    • Coppermine Photo gallery
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 12:29:58 am »

I want to add some thanks. I've not been back for a while and then what do you know? a spanking new version.

many thanks people, I really like the software.

ecto

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • My very incomplete gallery
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 03:15:16 am »

I'd like to adhere to Paver's salutation.

I've yet to see a board where the devs are so active and gives responses so fast. I believe that's a big part of why people become willing to contribute (in any way, be it support, hacks, translations, etc..) - people feel like a part of the team.

Kudos. :)

sharpo

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 04:36:11 pm »

I would like to add my thanks as well.

The Gallery software is a pleasure to use, giving great results. Wish I had found out about it a long time ago.

http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/coppermine/
Sharpo (not an expert, just a Coppermine user)
3 live galleries, first started in 2006.
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/BB3cpg/ with over 8,000 images.
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/cpg/ with over 25,000 images. 1.6.25
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/kc/ with over 300 images. 1.6.25

Tim77

• Coppermine novice
    • Heather O'Rourke: The Memorial Site
Thank you!
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2006, 03:12:01 am »

Hello,

I just wanted to say that after months of hesitation I have upgraded my Coppermine gallery to 1.4.3 from 1.3.1. The reason for my hesitation was remembering the nightmare it was to get the bridge between Coppermine and Invision working back then. WOW! Was I ever suprised! 1.4.3 is SO MUCH CLEANER than older versions! GREAT JOB! I would have no problem paying for Coppermine if it wasnt free. I actually purchased Invision Gallery for roughly $65.00 I think and ran it for a few months then dumped it for Coppermine.

When I first activiated the bridging, the software went a little crazy but after logging out and back in again it was fine. Anyway, I wanted to express my appreciation for your programming efforts. The intigration between Coppermine 1.4.3 and Invision 2.1.4 couldnt be any smoother! It's AWSOME!

meat7

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2006, 12:08:45 am »

It was my intention to come on here and start a thread thanking the devs, but I saw this one so I will add to it rather then create a new one.  THANK YOU DEVS!!! I sure hope you realize how much you are helping people.  The Gallery was easier to setup then I anticipated and I am able to modify it to my likeing.  If an idiot like me can get this up and running on my site, you have done an excellent job of giving documentation and making it as easy as possible.   ;D

Thank you again and keep up the great work!!

HarryS

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
Thanks!
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2006, 07:57:34 pm »

Maybe wrong forum ;-)
I want to thank for the great cpg. I know it for a month now and I love it. It is also good to be able to change some minor things to make it just what we want. And that's part of the package too.
But most of all: I am impressed by the quality of the support in this forum. The cpg-people know their package very well, and there is always a quick response and to-the-point. Even on Chrismas-days! And sometimes you are so very patient when having a complete dialogue with someone..... Thank you for your knowledge and for sharing it. And thanks to other forum-participants also.
Harry

dwayne dibbly

• Coppermine newbie
Had to say..
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2006, 11:13:36 pm »

This is an awesome piece of software, I have just got it for my family photo album site, its taken me most of the afternoon to set it up and upload nearly 200 photo's the last one this has replaced took me weeks to get to the same stage, Thanks to all involved and to think that it is free as well :)

great work...........

dwayne

severeidaho

• Coppermine regular visitor
HUGE- Thank YOU to Coppermine Gallery Providers
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2006, 02:37:22 am »

I am a weather watcher/stormchaser and Love taking photographs of Weather.  Ive been looking for a great tutorial or web template that I could use for my pictures.  I never knew of PhP type programs like this, but after I found Coppermine and installed it I was thrilled.  Very easy to use System and a very effective batch add process that made adding pictures unbelievably easy. 

I just want to throughly thank you guys for the great application.  I cant believe its free.......

Thanks .,...

-gerrit
http://www.severeidaho.com
http://www.severeidaho.com/gallery/

MvpZERO.net

• Coppermine newbie
  • All I hope and pray for I let hope decide.
    • MvpZERO.net
Just wanted to say Thanks Coppermine-gallery.net
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2006, 03:33:33 pm »

Howdy Coppermine-gallery.net,

I couldn't find anywhere else to post this that it would make sense cus there is no comment forum that i see of, and if there is would you please move this topic there? Thanks,

I would like to thanks you for Taking the time, effort and mind power, to develeop such awesome gallery software, i've tryed alot of others, and none even come close to what you have done, Thanks so much for doing so much and making it so easy to install,

I mean right when i uploaded and clicked install everything has worked perfectly, also thanks fo taking the time in finding bugs, and everything else, i'm really greatful for such powerful gallery software, i reccomend it to all my friends,

Once again overall,
Thanks.

Thanks for your time,
Dylan Aka MvpZERO.net
When you Think your done, You just got much more work to do. ~ MvpZERO.net ^.~
-------------------------------------------------------
(http://mvpzero.net/MvpZEROImages/mvpscarey.jpg)

Fudgemaster

• Coppermine novice
    • Trackdays, Car shows, Nature and some misc photos
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2006, 06:06:27 pm »

I'd like to contribute my thanks for the developers of Coppermine gallery software.

Before coppermine I had some poor plain html frameset with crappy irfanview "galleries"
(I do NOT mean irfanview is crappy).

I have now learned a bit more of coding and learning small bits now and then when modifiying Coppermine.

Sorry if this was too much like "shopping tv" advert, but I'm in loooooove with my Coppermine installation  :D

Thank You !

- Sami Partanen .
http://www.partanen.net
--
It's an insane world.. But I'm proud to be a part of it.

mixedmind

• Coppermine newbie
New Install - Coppermine v1.4.4
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2006, 01:21:22 pm »

Thanks so very very much for creating such an awesome application, this is the type of "REAL PROGRAMMING" that deserves some serious donations! I really really really love this a lot, and am very pleased to see that it is around. Thanks a lot programming team!

-mixedmind
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 01:56:38 pm by mixedmind »

meimeiriver

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2006, 03:51:29 pm »

As a UNIX system admin, I install a lot of this stuff. When I saw the installation notes, I noticed they were ridiculously short. Fortunately, installation was also ridiculously easy. :) Seriously, not sure what other folks are on about, but I've never had a more simply, straightforward, and working installation than for this photo gallery. Not one single hicup or error! I was gonna say: all programs should be like this; but if things become that easy, then I'm out of a job soon. :)

Not to mention that the program itself is truly awesome.

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2006, 05:29:21 pm »

I want to reverberate meimeiriver's comments about how simple it is to install, modify and upgrade Coppermine. I spent a lot of time last year trying to find a decent solution for hosting youth sports photos from my community. I acually found this in the GoDaddy's Value Application section and checked it out. Took a chance and been extremely happy ever since plus I've install another one for my personal gallery and at least a dozen for friends and colleagues and all installs were under an hour (including setting up the database connections). The devs here are extremely knowledgable about their product and when approached with a problem, are eager to assist (I can understand their frustration when people don't use the search feature or read the manual but it's the way the world turns).

Thank you for a great product!

Cheers,

Billy   :D

[Edited] Do not install Coppermine (or any other application) through your hosting service. Download it from the respective site and install it yourself.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 08:04:16 pm by Gizmo »
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.
Billy Bullock - BullsEyePhotos Blog of Indecision

dkaye

• Coppermine newbie
  • life ... is.
    • Cafe Deux
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2006, 05:27:51 am »

;D Add me to the list of those lauding the developers/contributors on such a great application.  Installation/bridging was very smooth, and required some minor tweaking, and now have an album for family to share with one another.

Thank you so very much for all the hard work, sweat and hairpulling (I'm sure) to make this available to the public.  Excellent job!

Kindest regards,
Kaye
Today is the tomorrow you were expecting yesterday.  Will it be memorable?

Quickfished

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2006, 10:51:31 pm »

Count me in.  I've installed it a while back and I'm really stunned with the functionality and stability.  I tested quite a few other 'candidates', but I was sold the minute I had a closer look at coppermine.  State of the art!

Thanks!

skad4life

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2006, 03:28:13 am »

I had considered Coppermine in the past, but it was missing a few things I was looking for. However, I now finally decided to give it a shot, because it looked like it had a lot of added features since I first checked it out at least two years ago.

I installed the script yesterday and spent a few hours customizing it. I don't think I have ever had a feature-rich script, such as Coppermine, being that easy to customize. I ran into one problem with profiles last night, and decided to post on the board. Both of my questions, including a customization, were answered immediately by the team. I am so impressed!

You (and I) have no idea how many hours/days/weeks I have spent on trying to bend gallery scripts to make them do what I wanted them to, in the past years. This is -finally- the perfect one for me, not one bit I am missing, I can only look forward to extras in the future. Thank you also for the awesome support! I checked into donations, but apparently you don't accept any, so I will start by posting ratings/reviews for Coppermine.

Thank you very much and have a great day!
Jael :)

dcphotos

• Coppermine newbie
  • Howdy from Texas
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2006, 01:13:38 am »

I, too, am happy to see a THANK YOU board!
Coppermine is EXACTLY what I was looking.
THANK YOU GUYS for all your work.
Don Couch
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.