Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost Users - Help  (Read 8073 times)

rangers_nut

• Coppermine newbie
Lost Users - Help
« on: November 28, 2005, 01:12:45 am »

Ok so here goes, I bridged cpg and phpbb2. after some minor problems i disabled the bridging. now, someone is unable to log into cpg. when I do a search it tells me the person is there, but doesn't allow me to see them or their information. when try to register the name, says the name is active in the system already. Where is the login information stored? Can I go into this file and locate the user information and delete it so it can be reregistered? Thanks
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 11:44:41 pm by GauGau »

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
Re: Lost Users - Help
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 01:21:29 am »

User information is stored in your database. In the Users table.

You need to access it using phpmyadmin.  Generally, you select the table and browse. Then select the ID of the person you want to delete and zap.

Best you back up your database (do a dump)
before tinkering with it.

Dennis

Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

rangers_nut

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 01:33:41 am »

any helpful tips as to where this thing may be? lol i just have no clue. thanks btw for quick reply

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 01:41:04 am »

phpmyadmin is usually the tool of choice for websites hosted by webservers.

Go to your website's administration page.  cpanel if you use cpanel.
You should see something like hostmanager, filemanager, or mysql.  you might even see phpMyadmin.

You will just have to click away till you see database or mysql or phpmyadmin.

If you can't find it, ask your webhost.  You may have to install the tool yourself.
It really depends on the service provider.

Once in phpmyadmin, select your database by name, click on the "users" table, and click on browse.

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 05:29:17 pm »

I wonder if the lost users issue might have something to do with the password encryption set as the default in 1.4.x.  Is this new for 1.4.x?  I thought I remembered a note in pnCPG that you had to turn off password encryption in order for certain features in pnCPG to work.  I don't know if this is an issue or not in real bridges.  Just a thought.

rangers_nut

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2005, 06:34:30 pm »

tell ya what, it's really weird, i managed to locate the users in a completely different mysql then i set it up as lol so i haven't a clue. i gave up messing around, uploaded it as a new upload and just batch added the files over.

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2005, 06:47:10 pm »

tell ya what, it's really weird, i managed to locate the users in a completely different mysql then i set it up as lol so i haven't a clue. i gave up messing around, uploaded it as a new upload and just batch added the files over.

Ah, darn, I forgot that you had bridged cpg earlier then disabled bridging.  When Cpg is bridged, the bbs script handles all the user information and cpg just piggy-backs onto that table. So when you disabled bridging, you would naturally lose all existing users.  Sorry about that.

Glad you found your way around to sort it out though.

Dennis

rangers_nut

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2005, 03:48:03 am »

Hey Dennis, Actually the users weren't in that database for CPG either. some how I guess the older version of cpg was using the wrong mysql. How that happened is completely beyond me.

The users were missing before I even tried to bridge the 2 softwares. It for some reason seems when i actually upgraded from 1.3.x to 1.4.x is actually where the users disappeared. They were still listed in the database (in the wrong mysql but they were still there), but wouldn't pull up in the users search via the website itself.

So, not a clue lol.

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2005, 05:20:59 am »

Hey Dennis, Actually the users weren't in that database for CPG either. some how I guess the older version of cpg was using the wrong mysql. How that happened is completely beyond me.
So, not a clue lol.

Must have been some long forgotten about mod. misplaced, not used, but working to some extent. 

Glad you got it fixed and keep it that way.  ;)

Dennis
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.