Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Login problem in version 1.4.2  (Read 4826 times)

Kurt21

• Coppermine newbie
Login problem in version 1.4.2
« on: November 27, 2005, 07:22:41 pm »

After update from 1.3.3 to 1.4.2 i cant login as user or admin - theres no chance to config this new version (before i perform update, login was OK) ???
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 09:44:52 pm by GauGau »

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
Re: Login problem in version 1.4.2
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 08:10:38 pm »

Clear your cookies and try again.  Also provide a link to your site and a test user account and password, if one exists.  DO NOT post your actual admin user account and password.

Dennis

Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

Kurt21

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 09:19:34 pm »

No, there was only one (admin) account. Cookies was cleared. Now i delete whole gallery and start again (maybe next time i will make less mistakes and update will be OK)... THX for reply!

ripefruit

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 02:12:21 am »

My problem after upgrading to v1.4.10 was that I could login ok [with my admin login and password] but could not see admin controls.

My fix was simple = change user_group to "1" in cpg_users table [previously 2].

I do not believe any of these problems are cookie based, but more likely where users have multiple users ID's with the user_group set as "2". In the previous version of Coppermine, I believe "2" allowed admin access but not in the newer version. 

So to make the change:  Access the database tables using phpMyAdmin [cpanel users access via MySQL databases / scroll to bottom of page for link to phpMyAdmin].  Select "_copp1" Database and then click on "cpg_users" link.  Once the structure is displayed, click on 'browse' to view users.  Select the user you wish to give admin rights by clicking on the pencil [checkbox + pencil] and change the user_group to "1".

I hope it works well for you as it did for me!

www.onlymelbourne.com/melbourne-picture-gallery/

scarletwoman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 01:44:26 am »

Oh THANK YOU so much for posting this. :D 
I haven't been able to access my gallery since July! after the upgrade.  :'(

Took me a while to figure out where to find what I needed to fix, but it's done and now I'm a happy camper again! :)

Scarletwoman
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.