Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CPG 1.4.2 and SMF 1.1 RC1 SELECT count(*) error  (Read 14173 times)

CapriSkye

• Translator
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • 森林之原
CPG 1.4.2 and SMF 1.1 RC1 SELECT count(*) error
« on: November 27, 2005, 05:28:37 am »

i have CPG 1.4.2 and SMF 1.1 RC1 bridged, it's able to synchronize the member groups, but when i go click on members in CPG it gives me this error:
Code: [Select]
While executing query "SELECT count(*) FROM `smf`.smf_members WHERE 1" on 0

mySQL error:
It doesn't say what mysql error is, and the file it gives me is D:\website\capriskye\gallery\include\functions.inc.php at line 251.
but the problem doesn't seem to be that file.

when comment out this line in udb_base.inc.php it doesn't give me that error but something about member table is empty.
if (!$user_count) {
            $result = cpg_db_query("SELECT count(*) FROM {$this->usertable} WHERE 1");
            $nbEnr = mysql_fetch_array($result);
            $user_count = $nbEnr[0];
            mysql_free_result($result);
        }

i believe that's where the sql fails.
when running that SELECT count(*) in phpmyadmin, it's able to tell me the member count, which is only 1, me.

i've changed my member group name from Administrator to something different in smf, which is in Chinese, but when i change it back to Administrator and bridge it again still makes no difference.

i've also bridge the same cpg and smf version on my local machine, it's able to bridge with no problem, so i know it works.
no sure what the problem is, maybe somebody has an idea? thanks

Nibbler

Re: CPG 1.4.2 and SMF 1.1 RC1 SELECT count(*) error
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 05:00:09 pm »

Change

$result = cpg_db_query("SELECT count(*) FROM {$this->usertable} WHERE 1");
to

$result = cpg_db_query("SELECT count(*) FROM {$this->usertable} WHERE 1", $this->link_id);

CapriSkye

• Translator
    • 森林之原
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 09:38:10 pm »

now i'm getting this
While executing query "SELECT ID_MEMBER as user_id, memberName as user_name, emailAddress as user_email, dateRegistered as user_regdate, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(lastLogin) as user_lastvisit, is_activated as user_active, COUNT(pid) as pic_count, ROUND(SUM(total_filesize)/1024) as disk_usage, group_name, group_quota FROM `smf`.smf_members AS u INNER JOIN cpg_usergroups AS g ON u.ID_POST_GROUP+100 = g.group_id LEFT JOIN cpg_pictures AS p ON p.owner_id = u.ID_MEMBER GROUP BY user_id ORDER BY user_regdate DESC LIMIT 0, 25;" on 0

mySQL error:

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 09:43:53 pm »

Same fix there.

CapriSkye

• Translator
    • 森林之原
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2005, 10:18:38 pm »

still doesn't fix it though.

i think this is the query:
        $sql = "SELECT {$f['user_id']} as user_id, {$f['username']} as user_name, {$f['email']} as user_email, {$f['regdate']} as user_regdate, {$f['lastvisit']} as user_lastvisit, {$f['active']} as user_active, ".
               "COUNT(pid) as pic_count, ROUND(SUM(total_filesize)/1024) as disk_usage, group_name, group_quota ".
               "FROM {$this->usertable} AS u ".
               "INNER JOIN {$C['TABLE_USERGROUPS']} AS g ON u.{$f['usertbl_group_id']} = g.group_id ".
               "LEFT JOIN {$C['TABLE_PICTURES']} AS p ON p.owner_id = u.{$f['user_id']} ".
               $options['search'].
               "GROUP BY user_id " . "ORDER BY " . $sort_codes[$options['sort']] . " ".
               "LIMIT {$options['lower_limit']}, {$options['users_per_page']};";

i added $this->link_id in cpg_db_query, the one right after the SELECT above and now mysql error says no database selected.

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2005, 10:22:44 pm »

The usermanager won't work with cpg and smf in different dbs then, I'll need to add in the alternative implementation.

CapriSkye

• Translator
    • 森林之原
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2005, 10:51:00 pm »

different db? i thought that's how most people set up cpg and smf.
how come it works for other installation?
thanks for the help.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2005, 11:01:34 pm »

No, most people install everything into the same database.  You usually find separate databases when using an autoinstaller like Fantastico.  Just another reason why I can't stand Fantastico!
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Nibbler

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2005, 11:09:10 pm »

If you have smf and cpg in the same database, or diff dbs but have the same db user for both smf and cpg then we can join the smf members table with coppermine tables. To use a join you need to have a user with access to both smf and cpg tables. If you don't then the bridge has to do all smf stuff on 1 db connection, the cpg stuff on another connection and then combine the data in the code instead of in mysql.

CapriSkye

• Translator
    • 森林之原
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2005, 11:52:31 pm »

that's my problem then, i have different users for cpg and smf, thought it was better for security.
now they all use same user and password, still in different database though, but now it works.
which way is recommended? or does it matter?
thanks!

Nibbler

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2005, 12:00:42 am »

Having 2 different accounts is better for reasons of security and if you have a set mysql connection limit per user (it spreads the connections over 2 accounts this way). Having the same account is better for reasons of performance and convenience. The aim is for bridging to work either way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.