Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Password Protected Albums  (Read 8659 times)

BillieJoe

• Coppermine newbie
Password Protected Albums
« on: November 25, 2005, 07:59:21 pm »

What could be wrong, if a user protects a Album with a Password, only himself and the administrator could see it in the User's Album list. Set Permission like "Album could be viewed by all users, ... registered users, ..." doesnt not work. Always it says, Album could only be viewed by "Me".

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Password Protected Albums
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 08:05:53 pm »

expected behaviour - the password protected passwords remain in a sort of "stealth mode", as they're always set to "me only". If you want to tell your users about the password-protected album, you'll have to give them the link to it (post in on a board, add a bbcode link in another public album, send an email, whatever).

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 12:36:21 pm »

Though it says "Album could only be viewed by Me", but when your friend will come and enter the password he will be able to see the album contents.
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems

imrich

• Tester
  • Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 11:25:12 pm »

Thanks for clarifying this.

I too was looking for a way to allow the 'password protected' album to show up on the public list of albums, but then prompt for a password to allow access to it.  This would be a great configurable option. That way people could browse to the main gallery and only be allowed access to particular albums if they knew the password.

I'm sure there will be a lot of reqests for this. I reviewed the docs and don't think it mentioned that such a password protected album would not show up in the list of albums. But after I think about it (and read it here) I guess that's what "viewable only by me" means! :)

Perhaps an album that could be viewable as set by group and then still need a password to gain 'entry' to it would be perfect.  This way view control could be by group, and access controlled by password.  Does this make any sense?

fraukelm

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 12:37:31 pm »

I also think this would be a nice feature.

To "simulate" this behaviour is it possible to create a user (or group) who is not allowed to change
the profile (e-Mail adress and password)?

imrich

• Tester
  • Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 01:21:30 pm »

I found what I was looking for! :)

If you set "Show private album Icon to unlogged user" to "Yes", then when you have a password set, users will see a 'Private Album" Icon. Then they will have to enter the password to gain access to it.

This is just how I wanted it to work. This way when some people lose the link, they can find  the album to apply the password.

If you don't want the album to show up, turn "Show private album Icon to unlogged user" to "No".

ethan

• Coppermine newbie
    • creativecrap
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2005, 10:37:32 am »

after I enable the password protect album function

i can input type password and enter to the protected album
but after this, when i click the page number below, it would ask the password again and again
and i click on any picture, it show no images to display
(btw, the no image to display happens a lot no only in protected album)

also tried both 1.4.2 and current cvs version
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.