Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: XP Publish Upload problem  (Read 35700 times)

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: XP Publish Upload problem
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2005, 01:17:59 am »

There is no "fix" for using IE - XP publisher is a Microsoft tool, so you have to use a Microsoft product to take advantage of it.  As for removing names from the publisher window, try a Google search.  I'm sure it involves editing your registry to remove those entries.  Remember, Coppermine has nothing to do with how the publisher actually works, it just takes advantage of the service.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Satyr

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • Gothic Model Gallery - Dark Photo Art
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2005, 02:52:57 am »

This solutions did not helped me. :(
When i use the assistant it asks me to create an album (personal album) instead of letting me access as admin the albums and categories in the gallery. :(

I have no errormessages, i just cannot access existing albums and categories to create an album within or to upload into existing albums. :/
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 03:12:16 am by Satyr »
Kein Support über PN. Bitte im Forum posten, dann ist anderen auch geholfen.

http://www.gothicmodels.net/gothicmodels/gallery/

Testuser: Test23 PW: 123456

imrich

• Tester
  • Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2005, 02:28:33 pm »

Does changing

Code: [Select]
postTag.setAttribute('href', '<?php echo trim($CONFIG['site_url'], '/') . '/' $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] . '?cmd=add_picture'?>&amp;album=' + selform.album.value);
to

postTag.setAttribute('href', '<?php echo trim($CONFIG['site_url'], '/') . '/' $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] . '?cmd=add_picture'?>&album=' + selform.album.value);
also fix the problem ?

Nibbler, Thanks for this! It fixed the problem where xp_publish wouldn't copy the file to coppermine. I have not tested every combination of uploading yet, and I did not try the 'other' fix which koder listed a few posts before this one.

However, there still is one problem. This new version of xp_publish has a nice feature to ask the user for their login credentials if they are not logged into coppermine.  This feature is not working. Even when you supply the correct credentials, it reports:
"The wizard cold not connect to the internet, or the web service returned a wizard page that is not valid."

Luckily if a person is already logged into coppermine this does not crop up, so we have an easy work around. But while we're looking at xp_publish it would be nice to get this fixed also.

I also have a minor request/suggestion about xp_publish. Could the name of the reg file which is created be changed to something more meaningful? For example, why not have it be something like cpg_mydomain.tld.reg or cpg_mydomain_tld.reg instead of the string of numbers which means nothing to most end users?  I think this would make it more 'user friendly', especially if users work with more than one coppermine site.

There's also a minor issue with the "Gallery name" and "Gallery description" of the Coppermine site being translated into the xp_publisher name/description. If an apostrophe (') is used in the site name (i.e.: If I have "Rich's Pictures" set as the site description), instead of seeing "Rich's Pictures" in the xp_publish to net screen, I see "Rich&#39;s Pictures". It looks a little dirty.  Seems like some translation is needed (or not needed).

« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 02:52:57 pm by imrich »

imrich

• Tester
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2005, 10:05:28 pm »

I did find one thing to my suggestion of a better file name for the registry file.

Go to xp_publish.php

find:
        header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=cpg_".$time_stamp.".reg");

change to:

header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=cpg_".$_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"].".reg");

To me, this is much more 'user friendly' than the seemingly random sequence of numbers.

Another thing, this note:
"Code is based on article posted by Sebastian Delmont Creating your own XP Publishing Wizard."

Contains a link which has long been invalid. Why not simply include this reference in the source file but not to be displayed to the end user especially since the link is no longer valid?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 10:15:43 pm by imrich »

koder

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2005, 01:24:30 am »

Nibbler, Thanks for this! It fixed the problem where xp_publish wouldn't copy the file to coppermine. I have not tested every combination of uploading yet, and I did not try the 'other' fix which koder listed a few posts before this one.

Don't try mine if you're already using this one.  Mine's a kludge fix that I popped out because I wanted something quick-- this one's the better fix.

However, there still is one problem. This new version of xp_publish has a nice feature to ask the user for their login credentials if they are not logged into coppermine.  This feature is not working. Even when you supply the correct credentials, it reports:
"The wizard cold not connect to the internet, or the web service returned a wizard page that is not valid."
I explicitly tried to replicate this in CPG 1.4.2 to no avail.  I was able to successfully log in through the wizard.  What version on what platform are you running?

imrich

• Tester
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2005, 02:52:13 pm »

I'm using CPG 1.4.2 (just installed from the released package).

My environment is PHP 4.4.1 runing on Apache 1.3.34 / Linux 2.4.21.-27.0.2ELsmp and using MS IE 6.0.

It looks like some others have reported it here too, so I thought I'd echo my findings.

I only have one account right now (my admin account) and that's what I'm trying to test with. Should it work OK with the one and only admin account?

Lee Majors

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2005, 01:20:02 am »

THX to Koder & Imrich!!!!!  ;D

I use Mozilla Firefox 1.0.7 - an it works NOW again!!!

Lee

capt doufos

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2005, 10:23:47 am »

I have exactly the same problem. I was running 1.3.5 and it worked perfectly from the publishing wizard no problems at all. I upgraded to 1.4.2 and it instantly stopped working. I have tried on 5 different PC's and all of them give the "The wizard cold not connect to the internet, or the web service returned a wizard page that is not valid." error after you enter your login details.

The gallery itself is hosted with a MySQL database.

PC's were running (Not changed since 1.3.5)

XP SP2 PRO
XP SP2 Home
XP64

I cannot even get it to work if I log into the gallery first.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2005, 12:27:43 pm »

@doufos: Maybe you should read this entire thread before posting.  There's a fix posted.  ::)
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

capt doufos

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2005, 04:40:40 pm »

There was no need for that.

For YOUR infomation, I have read the read all the way through and making the changes hasn't solved my problem.

I only posted the infomation as I thought it might be of some use. I won't bother next time.

I'll just revert back to 1.3.5 if I can. Anouther case of if it ain't broke it don't fix it on might part.

imrich

• Tester
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2005, 04:48:54 pm »

THX to Koder & Imrich!!!!!  ;D

I use Mozilla Firefox 1.0.7 - an it works NOW again!!!

Lee

Don't thank me, I just applied the fix myself.

But this fix doesn't solve the login issue, it just allows the upload to work if I'm already logged into the forum.

Is the login feature of working for anyone else? I can't get it to work no matter what I try.

phatbloke

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2005, 09:18:43 pm »

Hi
Just letting you all know i have been running 1.4.1 beta since it came out and after bugs were ironed out it has ran perfectly for over 3 months now. After the stable version came out i thought i had better upgrade. I now get the below error as the last few people on this topic have been getting.

I thought I might try some fixes from the bug forum but i have had no luck including this post
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=15227.msg90474#msg90474

Hopefully someone can sus it out soon as its the best feature of coppermine.

Roel

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2005, 12:54:28 am »

Hi ya all! First of al I want to say that Coppermine rocks!
Ofcourse I also want to use the XP Publishing wizzard and have the same problem (albums are created but nu photos stored/shown).

- I changed the code in "postTag.setAttribute('href', '<?php echo trim($CONFIG['site_url'], '/') . '/' . $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] . '?cmd=add_picture'?>&album=' + selform.album.value);"
- Generated a new .reg file and installed it
- No solution (albums are created nut no files are being uploaded
- Folder rights on the /albums/* dirs are 777

Anyone has some new ideas of a solve? It would be great if we can use this feature (incl. de username/pwd credentials if you're not logged on to the album website).

Kind regards and keep up the good work!!

Roel
The Netherlands

imrich

• Tester
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2005, 01:51:45 am »

Hi
Just letting you all know i have been running 1.4.1 beta since it came out and after bugs were ironed out it has ran perfectly for over 3 months now. After the stable version came out i thought i had better upgrade. I now get the below error as the last few people on this topic have been getting.

I thought I might try some fixes from the bug forum but i have had no luck including this post
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=15227.msg90474#msg90474

Hopefully someone can sus it out soon as its the best feature of coppermine.

I just posted a fix for the login issue here: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=24945.msg115053#msg115053

capt doufos

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2005, 08:32:53 pm »

The login problem has now been fixed. You are a star imrich! :)

However I still cannot get rid of the problem of uploading and no pictures appearing. I have edited my xp_publish.php numerous times, I have even tried a brandnew install on a totally different web server.

Is there any chance someone could post their fix xp_publish.php so I can make sure I am not just being a plank.

imrich

• Tester
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2005, 08:48:38 pm »

I'm glad it worked for you! I don't know if they like complete posts here, so if you want my xp_publish.php, let me know and I'll try to PM it to you.

It has the other cutomizations which I listed done to it already, but you're welcome to it if you want it.

Roel

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2005, 10:53:00 pm »

Great thank Imrich :D! The login works fine! I also still have the samen problem as capt doufos.
- Uploading pictures seems to go fine
- Albums are created
- /albums/* folder has 777 rights

But no pictures!!  :'( (also not in any of the /albums/ folders)

Somebody?? Where almost there!! Come on!!

Kind Regards,
Roel

imrich

• Tester
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2005, 11:17:02 pm »

Great thank Imrich :D! The login works fine! I also still have the samen problem as capt doufos.
- Uploading pictures seems to go fine
- Albums are created
- /albums/* folder has 777 rights

But no pictures!!  :'( (also not in any of the /albums/ folders)

Somebody?? Where almost there!! Come on!!

Kind Regards,
Roel

Role and Capt,

Did you apply the fix that Nibbler originally suppiled in Reply #37 of this thread that looks like this?

Quote from: Nibbler
Find this:

postTag.setAttribute('href', '<?php echo trim($CONFIG['site_url'], '/') . '/' $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] . '?cmd=add_picture'?>&amp;album=' + selform.album.value);

Change it to this:

postTag.setAttribute('href', '<?php echo trim($CONFIG['site_url'], '/') . '/' $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] . '?cmd=add_picture'?>&album=' + selform.album.value);

The change is suibtle, change the &amp;album to &album.

This was the fix for me which allowed files to be uploaded.

The fix I supplied in the other thread only allows the login feature to work. It was broken for coppermine installations which were in a sub folder (www.domain.tld would work, but www.domain.tld/coppermine would not work).

Nibbler

« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2005, 11:24:24 pm »

The issues with the &amp; and the missing global are now fixed in CVS.

Roel

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2005, 03:29:47 pm »

Great!!! Nibler thanks! That was it!
Xp Publishing works great now!

CHeers!
 :D ;D :D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.