Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Admin rights not bridging phpBB to CPG  (Read 25652 times)

jcocking

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Admin rights not bridging phpBB to CPG
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2005, 04:00:02 am »

The most basic user level within phpBB is user or admin.  This is defined on the user admin section with the permissions option.  You have the option of making every userid ethier an admin or a user.  This choice is stored in the phpbb_users table in the user_level field.  0 = user, 1 = admin

There is a secondary option level within phpBB.  This is the option to create groups.  Groups are used to allow moderation activities to a subsection of users.  Groups are not used from an admin perspective.  Groups are created to allow 5 users to moderate one forum and define special permissions for the moderators.  The key is groups are forum moderators.

Because groups are special moderator functions, they are turned off unless you create a group.  You can create a group by going to Group Admin => management.  Here you can create groups.  Most boards do not use groups, unless you are an advance user or have a fairly large group that requires multiple moderators per forum. 

The bridge program uses the phpBB group feature as the tie-in.  It should be using the user_level field to define admin rights versus a registered user.

jeff

tripslip38

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2005, 09:55:24 am »

I am having a similar problem to Jeff.

Current versions:  Gallery 1.4.2 bridged to phpBB 2.0.18

Bridging authentication and cookies work fine, but my personal user in phpBB, which is an Administrator, and is recognized in CPG, does not get the CPG admin menu. I use login with my admin acct(authenticated by phpBB and successfully bridged to CPG) and then i DO get the admin menu. In my old setup with 2.0.17 and CPG 1.3.2, my personal user which was a phpBB admin, got the admin menu in CPG.

Keep in mind my admin status is granted by User Levels in phpBB and not User Groups.

Coppermine install: http://www.backcountrypilot.org/gallery/
Forum install: http://www.backcountrypilot.org/forum/phpBB2
Coppermine version: cpg1.4.2
Forum version: phpBB 2.0.18
Test user account: test / test

BridgeManager settings:
Forum URL:  http://www.backcountrypilot.org/forum/phpBB2
Relative path to your BBS's config file:  ../forum/phpBB2
Use post-based groups?:  0

Though this info won't get you far since I cannot give you a test user with admin rights in phpBB.

I think the Bridging Manager is a vast improvment over the mod-type bridge installation of previous versions, but for some reason it's just not importing the phpBB user levels as CPG groups properly. It used to.

Also, as an experiment I enabled "post-based groups" in CPG in an attempt to fix the situation. It imported my groups with only the first character of the group name,  ie Test Group became "T".

There's really no way CPG that I see to make a phpBB user group or post based group a true CPG admin, that gets the actual CPG admin menu upon authentication.

Thanks. Good work guys.

Zane

Nibbler

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2005, 03:52:02 pm »

Ah, I understand now. Please test the attached bridge file.

tripslip38

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2005, 07:09:48 pm »

That definitely fixed one of the problems, as now my personal user, with User Level = Administrator, gets admin status in CPG.

However, my CPG groups are still the default ones, and my personal user belongs to "Registered." The groups do not correspond at all to either 1) phpBB User Level names, or 2) phpBB User Group names. This is definitely not as big of a deal, but it would be nice to automatically belong to the Administrators group to achieve different quota sizes.

Perhaps I am not doing something right with my groups? Is this not how it should work?

Also, the feature in the bridge re: "post-groups" is described like it uses the user ranks(defined by # of posts) definable by the phpBB admin, but when this is selected, it imports the User Groups, and only the first character of the group name.

Thanks for the quick fix, btw.

Zane
« Last Edit: November 26, 2005, 10:11:40 pm by tripslip38 »

jcocking

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2005, 02:00:26 am »

My phpbb admins now have CPG admin rights.  We still have the outstanding issue of the second person ever to register for the phpbb forum having admin rights.  This will need to be fixed, as this is a fairly large security hole.

jeff

Nibbler

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2005, 02:28:04 am »

I still think that's an issue with your forum, not a general problem. If you find this code in phpbb2018.inc.php

Code: [Select]
$this->admingroups = array(2);
and change it to

Code: [Select]
$this->admingroups = array();
Then it should fix your issue.

XSTence

• Coppermine newbie
    • The Dutch Organ Portal and Forum
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2005, 01:10:53 am »

Just wanted yo let everyone know I also experienced problems with admin user rights being gone after bridging with PHP V2.0.18 (we run an integration between Subdreamer Pro CMS - PHP and Coppermine on www.organportal.com )

The ~inc file posted here as attachment solved the problem.

-Rick
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 05:48:37 am by XSTence »

bigyellowav

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2005, 06:40:45 am »

I'm also seeing the first letter only problem with the SMF bridge as well, did you come up with a fix for the problem?

Also, as an experiment I enabled "post-based groups" in CPG in an attempt to fix the situation. It imported my groups with only the first character of the group name,  ie Test Group became "T".

There's really no way CPG that I see to make a phpBB user group or post based group a true CPG admin, that gets the actual CPG admin menu upon authentication.

bigyellowav

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2005, 06:56:37 am »

Never mind, I found the fix in another post, sorry!

tripslip38

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2005, 03:09:26 am »

BigYellow, what was the fix? Can you link it. I wasn't sure if Nibbler's suggestion above was a response to that or not.

subtlecoolness

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2005, 10:28:00 pm »

I had the same problem: a user with admin privileges in phpbb did not have admin privileges in coppermine. Because of users being deleted in the past, there was no user in phpbb with user_id=2; and I don't use groups at all.

The new bridge file attached earlier in the thread seems to have fixed my problem.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.