Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: not random or last added but a fixed image  (Read 3726 times)

martijn01

• Coppermine newbie
not random or last added but a fixed image
« on: November 22, 2005, 01:02:09 pm »

with cpmfetch i only read about random or lastadded images

i want to link to a image from my index page ex: http://www.wakeskating.nl/cpg135/displayimage.php?album=14&pos=0

but if a new image is added the link to the original image will chanche to ...........pos=1

if you ad an album this does not happen!

i know its got something to do with sortorders date title..... but it would make linking to the album a lot easier if the link to an image (displayed in the album, not to the file) did not change

or is there a link which is not visable? or is there another solution?

« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 07:46:54 pm by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: not random or last added but a fixed image
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 06:55:36 pm »

Use the link provided in the pic info section (eg. displayimage.php?pos=-123). That's what it is designed for, it will never change.

martijn01

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2005, 09:33:05 am »

thanx, how could i think that nobody thought about that already!!

other question (haven't looked in the forum yet):

the size of the font is smaller with Fire Fox. Why? + Can it be altered without increasing the size of the other pages (only the size of coppermine is too small)?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2005, 07:46:41 pm »

we have a "one question per thread" policy that you agreed to respect when signing up - in the future, please do so.

To understand the different browser rendering engines, user settings and the different aspects of pixel-perfect font-sizes, I'd have to come up with an article of more than 10,000 words. This has been explained much better elsewhere on the internet. To make a long story short: forget pixel-perfect site layouts, they don't work, and it's not the way the www is suppossed to work to have pixel-perfect layouts. This is something website designers have been looking to accomplish, and all who created non-trivial sites have failed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.