Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Groups & Albums Question?  (Read 4702 times)

ZakRhino

• Coppermine regular visitor
Groups & Albums Question?
« on: November 18, 2005, 03:59:08 pm »

Hello let me try to rephase what I put up here eailer, I don't think I was clear in my problem for everybody to fully understand.
I trying to host a gallery with images of course that what coppermind is for. The images or of artist posting to the gallery. So I guess it how can I make it so that the artist don't have to upload all there works at once. I used the batch file FTP way to slove that problem. I'm trying to give the spefic artist rights to upload his own images after I finish uploading the bulk of it via FTP. I upload the files in a new folder I mad via the board and called it the artist folder name. I want to give the one user rights to this one folder, I would like to give the user rights to only this one folder and not all of them. How can I make it so that user after signing up can access and upload to that one folder only and not all of them? If it can be down how would I do it? Someone said something about it --> "Hmm, you can make it a specific user if you login as them and set it to 'me only'. There's no way to set it up otherwise with the current interface." by Nibbler I thing but I don't understand what he means by me only or even how to do that. Any other ideas then this one? Thanks ???
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 11:48:10 am by ZakRhino »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Groups & Albums Question?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 09:06:12 pm »

Regular users (non-admins) can't use batch-add. Reason: nobody else but you should have FTP access to your page.
It's not an alternative to consider removing the admin-only restriction from the batch-add code in searchnew.php

ZakRhino

• Coppermine regular visitor
Re: Groups & Albums Question?
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 10:04:03 pm »

No allow them to batch upload but to allow them to have access to the folder I made, just for that one user or group of users not all of them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.