Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Groups & Albums Question?  (Read 4675 times)

ZakRhino

• Coppermine regular visitor
Groups & Albums Question?
« on: November 18, 2005, 03:59:08 pm »

Hello let me try to rephase what I put up here eailer, I don't think I was clear in my problem for everybody to fully understand.
I trying to host a gallery with images of course that what coppermind is for. The images or of artist posting to the gallery. So I guess it how can I make it so that the artist don't have to upload all there works at once. I used the batch file FTP way to slove that problem. I'm trying to give the spefic artist rights to upload his own images after I finish uploading the bulk of it via FTP. I upload the files in a new folder I mad via the board and called it the artist folder name. I want to give the one user rights to this one folder, I would like to give the user rights to only this one folder and not all of them. How can I make it so that user after signing up can access and upload to that one folder only and not all of them? If it can be down how would I do it? Someone said something about it --> "Hmm, you can make it a specific user if you login as them and set it to 'me only'. There's no way to set it up otherwise with the current interface." by Nibbler I thing but I don't understand what he means by me only or even how to do that. Any other ideas then this one? Thanks ???
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 11:48:10 am by ZakRhino »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Groups & Albums Question?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 09:06:12 pm »

Regular users (non-admins) can't use batch-add. Reason: nobody else but you should have FTP access to your page.
It's not an alternative to consider removing the admin-only restriction from the batch-add code in searchnew.php

ZakRhino

• Coppermine regular visitor
Re: Groups & Albums Question?
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 10:04:03 pm »

No allow them to batch upload but to allow them to have access to the folder I made, just for that one user or group of users not all of them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.