Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: User categories, or album/sub-album?  (Read 3878 times)

triangular

• Coppermine newbie
User categories, or album/sub-album?
« on: November 17, 2005, 07:03:16 pm »

I'm new to Coppermine, but I'm trying to do a simple thing I thought would be a no-brainer and yet can't find a reference to it. I simply need users to be capable of creating their own collections. For example, an album labeled "War Zones", and when you open it you find albums inside named "Afghanistan" and "Iraq". Or something like "Bali" with "Beaches" and "Temples" inside that. If I really can't do this I'll be somewhat dissapointed, as it would seem to be a standard with other less featured gallery platforms.  Someone...please help me out here.

Christian

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
Re: User categories, or album/sub-album?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 07:25:39 pm »

Christian,

Coppermine currently does not support the user's ability to create their own categories with albums in it. The can only create albums.

You as the admin, however, can create Categories, (sub-cats with 1.4x), and albums that users can upload to.  This, I would suspect,  is the preferred method to keep your site from sprawling out of control and to prevent too much redundancies in albums.   

1.4x (though currently unsupported) will allow users to link files in their albums to albums that you create using keywords.  This might be all you really need.  You could then create the albums as needed and inform users to link pics in their personal albums to the ones you create.  1.4x is due to be released soon, so you may want to download, play with it, read all the docs in the docs folder.  Get familiar with it so that when the stable version is out, you will be ready to go.

Dennis

Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.