Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Couple of Problems  (Read 5116 times)

rjbearcan

• Coppermine newbie
A Couple of Problems
« on: November 16, 2005, 08:51:19 pm »

Ok, here is my situation:
I recently switched hosts because my galleries were getting too large. On the old host, I was running 1.3.3 and I am now running 1.3.5 on the new host.

When I made the switch, I did not make a backup of my old photos. While I had the original pictures, I did not keep the thumb_ or normal_ files that were made by Coppermine when I uploaded them the first time. I removed the thumb_ and normal_ prefixes from the config page and the pictures look fine. I did however make a backup of the database and uploaded my album and picture information so my stats and votes etc are still there. However when I try to do a batch upload, no matter what folder I make, it always says 'no new files found'.

Now, here is my question, is there anyway that I can upload my files from scratch and keep my stats if the file names are the same from before? Also, what is causing the 'No new files error'?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: A Couple of Problems
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 09:03:16 pm »

I removed the thumb_ and normal_ prefixes from the config page
erm, do I understand this right: you changed the thumbs and intermediate prefixes to "" (nothing)? You mustn't, this is silly.

rjbearcan

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 05:05:36 am »

Well I wasn't sure what else to do since I don't have the thumb_ or normal_ files that Coppermine created. Before I removed them, the thumbnails were not displayed. I want to keep my stats for the number of views, votes etc., so how can I upload the files again and still keep the stats?

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 05:12:12 am »

rjbearcan,

I'm not quite following you.  Are you saying that you never had thumbs and intermediate pics, but just displayed your uploaded pics instead?  If so, whatever mods you applied to 1.33 you would need to do to 1.35.

Or, you might try the ADMIN tools "Rebuilds thumbnails and resized photos" option and see if that will do it for you.

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

rjbearcan

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 08:00:28 am »

Sorry for not being clearer.

On my old host, I used 1.3.3 and when I moved to the new host I installed 1.3.5. However, instead of backing up my files before I made the move, I just deleted them along with the thumb_ and normal_ files. So when I uploaded the files and instered my old db info for the stats, votes etc, I noticed that I didn't have any thumbnails for the images.

I did what you said by going into the Admin Tools to try to rebuild the thumb_ and normal_ files and this is what I get:

Warning: chmod(): Operation not permitted in /httpdocs/galleries/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 224
albums/userpics/10001/wozniak004.jpg updated succesfully!

However the files aren't being updated. Any suggestions?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 08:21:52 am »

CHMOD the albums folder and everything within it as suggested in the docs, then try the admin tools again

rjbearcan

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 08:22:29 pm »

The albums folder and all subfolders and files were at 777 before. I tried 755 as was suggested in previous topics and I got this error

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open 'albums/userpics/10001/wozniak001.jpg' for writing in /httpdocs/galleries/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 218

Warning: chmod(): Operation not permitted in /httpdocs/galleries/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 224
albums/userpics/10001/wozniak001.jpg updated succesfully!

When I change it back to 777 I get the same error.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 10:44:45 pm »

ask your webhost for support then - maybe they need to CHOWN for you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 20 queries.