Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it possible to create a separate login page and gallery page...  (Read 4446 times)

tina_n

• Coppermine newbie

I would like to have my gallery appear with no login, search or other options (ie no buttons at the top, just the photos and descriptions). However obviously then I need a page to go to that *I* can log in and upload photos and edit galleries. Can anyone give me some tips on how to do this?

I thought about using an album page as my "main" gallery page (linked to from my website) and eliminating all the buttons from the template for it. Then I could use sub-albums withing that main album. I would go to the main gallery page to log in and change stuff. ANyone know if that would work - and if so how does one change the layout of only one album?

Nibbler

Re: Is it possible to create a separate login page and gallery page...
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 03:47:08 am »

You can remove the {MAIN_MENU} tag from your theme's template.html. You can then login by typing in the link to the login page directly into your browser.

tina_n

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 04:02:07 am »

Ohh that may work - then when I log on as admin I wuld see the buttons still? I just installed this and I am still gettng oriented - don't know what goes where!

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 04:33:01 am »

You'd still get the admin menu. If you want the normal menu to be visible to admin only, then put the {MAIN_MENU} tag back in place and change theme.php

Code: [Select]
'{MAIN_MENU}' => theme_main_menu(),
to

Code: [Select]
'{MAIN_MENU}' => USER_IS_ADMIN ? theme_main_menu() : '',
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.