Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it possible to create a separate login page and gallery page...  (Read 4378 times)

tina_n

• Coppermine newbie

I would like to have my gallery appear with no login, search or other options (ie no buttons at the top, just the photos and descriptions). However obviously then I need a page to go to that *I* can log in and upload photos and edit galleries. Can anyone give me some tips on how to do this?

I thought about using an album page as my "main" gallery page (linked to from my website) and eliminating all the buttons from the template for it. Then I could use sub-albums withing that main album. I would go to the main gallery page to log in and change stuff. ANyone know if that would work - and if so how does one change the layout of only one album?

Nibbler

Re: Is it possible to create a separate login page and gallery page...
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 03:47:08 am »

You can remove the {MAIN_MENU} tag from your theme's template.html. You can then login by typing in the link to the login page directly into your browser.

tina_n

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 04:02:07 am »

Ohh that may work - then when I log on as admin I wuld see the buttons still? I just installed this and I am still gettng oriented - don't know what goes where!

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 04:33:01 am »

You'd still get the admin menu. If you want the normal menu to be visible to admin only, then put the {MAIN_MENU} tag back in place and change theme.php

Code: [Select]
'{MAIN_MENU}' => theme_main_menu(),
to

Code: [Select]
'{MAIN_MENU}' => USER_IS_ADMIN ? theme_main_menu() : '',
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.