Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: keeping views counter  (Read 4419 times)

awilson25

• Coppermine newbie
keeping views counter
« on: November 13, 2005, 06:36:17 am »

Is there a way to modify pictures then upload the same picture and retain the number of views for that picture.

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
Re: keeping views counter
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 08:17:36 am »

Is there a way to modify pictures then upload the same picture and retain the number of views for that picture.

As long as when you modify it, you create the necessary thumbnail and intermediate picture with a 3rd party software, and then upload all three files to the same directory using the same names, ie. thumb_yourfile.jpg, normal_yourfile.jpg, & yourfile.jpg, CPG wouldn't even know that they went AWOL.

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

tomrock

• Coppermine novice
    • My Coppermine Gallery
Re: keeping views counter
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 04:51:28 pm »

Just make sure the pixel dimensions of the new picture are the same as the old. The dimensions are stored in the database and Coppermine will stretch the picture file to the dimensions in the database.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.