Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Screwed up the configuration  (Read 4569 times)

Liz

• Coppermine newbie
Screwed up the configuration
« on: November 12, 2005, 09:08:45 pm »

hey!
I was just fooling around abit with the configuration, and I set 'Width of the main table (pixels or %)' too 500%
i didn't know exactly what it would do, i just figured a horizontal scrollbar would come.
but it didn't.. and now, i have in my 'last addition' and 'random files' --box only 1 picture there, and so i wanted to fix that, and i
went back to the configuration, but there's no thing to edit it with anymore.. there's just all the options you have.
i took a screencap, 'cause it's kinda hard to explain:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/magical_me/screencap.jpg

how do i fix this??

xplicit

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: Screwed up the configuration
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 11:00:29 pm »

Ok 2 possible options.

A quick way which sounds opposite but works most times: shrink your IE view to force a horizontal scoll bar after this you can fill in the 100% again.

Official way:

* Go into your coppermine database with for instance phpmyadmin
* Open you cpgxxx_config table (xxx is your version)
* Click on browse above
* go to the vaulue you changed (I guess main table width and change is to 100%

This could also be done by running  a sql command in phpmyadmin:

UPDATE `cpgxxx_config` SET `value` = '100%' WHERE CONVERT( `name` USING utf8 ) = 'main_table_width' LIMIT 1 ;

Or similar
Don't ask me: Can you do this .... or Give me that...or I need Quick help in PM's. I'm not Santaclaus so post your questions on the board so it will be in the benefit for everyone.

gustywind

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 10:45:46 am »

I seemed have done the same thing - set my main table width to over 100%. I read the reply but still can't seem to fix the problem. Not familiar with phpmyadmin or my SQL; though, I did try to tool around with it quite a bit. I found config.php in my ftp files but couldn't find the code for the table width (if that was even the right approach) - besides it wouldn't let me edit. any further help on the issue would be much appreciated. thanks.

xplicit

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 12:10:28 pm »

You can't really adjust the table width in your files directly trough FTP.

Values are stored in databases not hardcoded in the files.

* Go to your webiste
* goto config
* adjust table width

If you can't see the config link do the resize window trick in internet explorer for example, so you see a scrollbar
Don't ask me: Can you do this .... or Give me that...or I need Quick help in PM's. I'm not Santaclaus so post your questions on the board so it will be in the benefit for everyone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.