Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving the admin menu when it pops up  (Read 4532 times)

gedhead

• Coppermine newbie
Moving the admin menu when it pops up
« on: November 12, 2005, 11:56:51 am »

Hi.

I have added an image to the header of my gallery to people can link back to the homesite. http://www.konstantinkhabensky.com/Photos/

But when the admin button is pressed the menu opens in the same space as the image. What do I have to do to move this menu so it will pop up in the white space above the image?

I'm a WYSIWYG user, so going into code and changing things is a scary process for me - anyone who can walk me though this I would be much obligied to. Thanks.

-Suzanne
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 02:30:33 am by Nibbler »

owenb

• Coppermine novice
Re: Moving the admin menu when it pops up
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 05:15:18 pm »

Hi Suzanne,

I had a similar problem. My way DOES involve opening the theme.php document in a basic text editor (NOT Word etc - Notepad or something is just fine) and altering a bit of code.

The line you need to search for is this:
Code: [Select]
<div id="Menu1" style="position:absolute; width:800px; height:30px; z-index:1; left: 25px; top: 95px; visibility: hidden;">
At the end, where it says top: 95px; is what you need to change. Just keep increasing the value, saving the document, then press refresh on your front page and check where the menu pops up, until you find a value that fits into your page again.

If you're REALLY worried that you're going to screw something up then before you even open the theme.php document, make a duplicate of it for safety. :)

Hope this helps!
Owen

gedhead

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 02:13:45 am »

Thanks Owen, I think that would fix it....however I can't seem to find the line in the theme.php of the theme folder I am using. Could you suggest a path name and approximately what line that code may be on? I hope it is not different code for different themes. I am using thr Project VII theme.  Thanks a million!

-Suzanne

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 02:20:28 am »

The file you need to modify is template.html.

gedhead

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 02:29:06 am »

BRILLIANT! PERFECT!

Thanks guys for the quick responses!  ;D

-Suzanne

owenb

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2005, 02:49:41 am »

Woops, yep, I told you to look in the wrong place. Sorry! ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.