Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Removing the cell border division lines in Mac_OX_X  (Read 3624 times)

owenb

• Coppermine novice
Removing the cell border division lines in Mac_OX_X
« on: November 12, 2005, 02:45:43 am »

Hello all,

I really do try to track down the answers to my questions first, both in the code and on the forums, but this is one of those ones that has eluded me.

I am trying to remove as much of the graphical divisions between thumbnails both in the Home page and the individual album indexes in the Mac_OX_X theme. I found a piece of code in the theme.php that when removed took out one of the one pixel lines just under the Gallery name and above the first row of thumbs, but all other code in the vicinity screwed things up and created big grey boxes and horrible holes in the page.

I basically want all those 1 pixel cell dividing lines GONE so that my thumbs sit neatly in the Mac-styled box as before, but in plain white space with no division lines.

I thought maybe the lines were a repeating piece of reference graphic, but couldn't see any such graphic in the theme's Images folder to edit, so I take it I'm just missing the '1px' code somewhere. Please point me in the right direction! Is it something deleteable, or do I just need to change a '1px' reference to a '0px' one?

Cheers,
Owen

PS If anyone can come up with a REALLY simple hack to make a square thumbnail from the centre portion of an image, as opposed to squishing up a whole image into a square, I'd be really grateful. Someone sent me one such piece of code that works with ImageMagick, but I use GD2 so I can't make it work...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 05:16:44 pm by owenb »

owenb

• Coppermine novice
Re: Removing the cell border division lines in Mac_OX_X
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 09:08:25 pm »

Okay, I've been tweaking around the theme.php file and found that if I make the cellspacing value "0" it gets ride of the lines - unfortunately those lines include the 4 that border the edges of the main gallery index and album index tables, which makes the graphics that have been created for the tops of these tables in the Mac_ox_x theme look out of place.

So, is there some really convoluted way of leaving in the lines that surround the tables, or is it another case of me wanting something I just can't have?

;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.