Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slight problem updating thumbnails and resized pictures  (Read 3022 times)

majay

• Coppermine novice
Slight problem updating thumbnails and resized pictures
« on: November 08, 2005, 08:05:30 pm »

Hello,

I have been updating a couple of low quality pictures by replacing them with good quality and bigger ones via FTP. Then I update the thumbs and resized pics via admin tools, but when I go back to the gallery to check the altered pictures:

-the thumbnails are usually properly updated
-intermediate pics remain unchanged
-the full-sized pictures' pop-up windows keep the dimensions of the previous pictures although the pictures load in their new size.

I've tried emptying the cache and rebooting my computer but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with it.

I found an old thread referring to a similar problem, but it said the current CPG had it fixed. So it's probably something I'm not doing right.

Thanks if you can help me.

OmegaGOD

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • I approve.
Re: Slight problem updating thumbnails and resized pictures
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 01:40:13 am »

Yes, I've experienced the same problem too. CPG 1.3.x keeps the 'original' pixel dimension size stored in the database. So if you upload new 'original' pictures via ftp, if the orignal pixel depth is 1024x768 and your new 'original' image is 1280x1024, CPG will still recognize the original image size as 1024x768. This is corrected in the newer release of CPG; however it is stil in beta. What you will have to do is use a script such as phpMyAdmin and go into the database table pictures and modify the dimension size to the new one.

As for the intermediate pics remianing the same, please be sure that in the config, you have 'create intermediate pics' is set to yes and that you are using the admin tool to recreate thumbnails and intermediate pictures.

Hope this helps,
Please do not PM me with support questions. Please read the manual and then if posting questions please place them in the proper sub-boards.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.