Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can Coppermine do the following?  (Read 3596 times)

kelp

• Coppermine newbie
Can Coppermine do the following?
« on: November 07, 2005, 11:11:58 pm »

I'm looking for a community-esque gallery where visitors can sign up and post their own images in my categories. In most of the Coppermine galleries I see, the members are isolated to one album. What I want is for users to post in the categories I create.

For example, let's say I have the following categories:
Mountain A
Mountain B
Mountain C

I want the members to be able to post their images in Mountain A, Mountain B, or Mountain C. But it seems that the coppermine galleries I see have a Members Album, so it would look like the following:

Mountain A
Mountain B
Mountain C
Member's Albums

I don't want the member's albums, just the mountain categories. Can Coppermine do this?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 05:31:38 am by Nibbler »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Can Coppermine do the following?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 08:44:23 am »

Coppermine can be easily set up to do that. Although you can only upload into albums, not categories (in coppermine terms). You just specify "Can upload files" in coppermine's groups panel for the particular user group that is suppossed to be able to upload. Then you can specify by album if users can upload to it or not (album properties). However, users can not create albums at will in public categories (this is something only the admin can do). Most coppermine users allow upload to member galleries only (we call them "personal galleries") because this is the default setting. You simply wouldn't imagine how few coppermine admins make up their minds about this in advance - they get coppermine set up and never doubt that things could be improved. Most don't even bother to read the documentation, where all this (and much more) is being covered, link at top of this page.

kelp

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Can Coppermine do the following?
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 12:25:05 am »

Thank you, I'll be sure to read the documentation very carefully.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.