Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Edited a theme, looked fine, later it looks horrible  (Read 3792 times)

LeQuack

• Coppermine newbie
Edited a theme, looked fine, later it looks horrible
« on: November 04, 2005, 10:31:25 pm »

Not really sure how to describe this one.  I was working with the water_drop theme and made color variations in the
style.css file as well as some slight html editing in the template.html file.  The theme looked great except for the banner/logo at the top which looks odd now until i crop it correctly.  Anyway, I went back to look at it later and for some reason the theme was changed to styleguide.  After logging in as an admin and changing the theme back to my theme, it displayed as an almost solid black screen with different font size links in the standard web color.  This is definately not what is in my style.css file.  And just to note, my "Powered by Coppermine" is set up in my style.css file to appear white on a black background.  Just mentioning it because it looks pretty messed up along with the rest of the gallery at the moment.

My site is: www.orderoflegends.com/gallery/

Thanks for your help!

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Edited a theme, looked fine, later it looks horrible
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 11:24:20 pm »

Your theme is looking for the waterdrop theme css but can't find it:
<link href="themes/water_drop/style.css" rel="stylesheet">

Update template.html with the correct folder (theorderoflegends) for style.css

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 11:30:29 pm »

I saw your other post about the styleguide theme... but you should check out the web developer toolbar extension for Firefox. It shows all that and more. Plus, that's how I easily found out your CSS file was missing.

LeQuack

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 11:51:23 pm »

Thank you so much!  Completely overlooked this.  And thanks for the tip on Firefox, I am only a recent new user of Firefox definately will make some use of that.  ;D

xplicit

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Don't ask me: Can you do this .... or Give me that...or I need Quick help in PM's. I'm not Santaclaus so post your questions on the board so it will be in the benefit for everyone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.