Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Registred" cannot create albums in categories,even though "Pub.Upl.approval"=NO  (Read 4717 times)

leoW

• Coppermine newbie

hello !

i have a great problem. i installed CPG yesterday and created an admin-account and an user-account. i wanted that also users of the group "registred" are allowed to create albums in the categories, which were created by me. so i set the "pub.upl.approval" to no. everything worked fine.

then i created some users, and gave them a lesson how to upload pictures to the galleries. today i get a mail from a user, who told me that he cannot see the field to select a category in the "new-album"-window. the "pub.upl.approval" is still set to no, and the user still belongs to the group "registred". i checked out that only members of the administrators-group can see the "categories-selection-field", even though all settings for "administrators"-group and "registred"-group are the same.

could be that this is a hint for someone, who wants to help me: ;-)
everytime i log into the gallery for the first time, after the "welcome"-window, the bye-bye-window follows and i am logged out again. after that, i try it again and everything is ok.

would be very nice, if you could help me soon, because my users are highly motivated to upload pictures to our homepage, which is a nice condition ;-)

thanks!

leo

Nibbler

Users can't create new albums in public categories, only in their own 'user galleries' section.

leoW

• Coppermine newbie

But then:

- which use has the setting "Public Upload Approval"=No for other Users than the Administrators?

- and why did it work at the first time?

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict

Upload approval is not the same as album creation. You create the album and the user is allowed to upload or not depending on configuration.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.