Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: member can not enter admin mode  (Read 3586 times)

Mr Tee

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • The Studio Online
member can not enter admin mode
« on: November 02, 2005, 07:24:17 am »

I am sure this is not a fault in coppermine but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the problem.

One of my users can not enter admin mode, consequently can not edit or delete any images. When he clicks on admin mode link, he receives the screen stating he is entering admin mode but nothing happens, when the screen is refreshed he is still in user mode. He has two computers but on the second one everything works fine.

Could it have something to do with cookies or something in coppermine is being blocked on his machine

As I say it only affects him so I was hoping someone has experienced it before.

Many thanks

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: member can not enter admin mode
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 07:37:18 am »

Can you have him try in a different browser on the computer that doesn't work?

Mr Tee

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • The Studio Online
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 09:42:33 pm »

He has tried on three different browsers and gets the same result. He changes to an old computer and he doesn't get the problem. As I say I know it isn't a coppermine problem but obviously there is something conflicting with the coppermine system. I have asked him to check his firewall, virus checker and cookies, nothing has worked. It is rather weired.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 09:51:45 pm »

This is definitely something on the problem computer, but troubleshooting the process is next to impossible without actually doing hands-on.  Most likely it's his firewall causing the problem.  Tell him to look for common points that all browsers use, like the firewall, internet connection, etc.  He'll need to do a lot of trial and error to figure out what's causing it.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

xplicit

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005, 10:22:58 pm »

delete ypur cookies and see what it does, not sure its gonna help but you could try
Don't ask me: Can you do this .... or Give me that...or I need Quick help in PM's. I'm not Santaclaus so post your questions on the board so it will be in the benefit for everyone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.