Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Heavy & sudden quote usage + heavy MySQL queries causing server issues  (Read 3723 times)

bewbs

• Coppermine novice
  • Delirium Trigger

Hi there,

I just received this e-mail from my host:

Would you happen to be performing some type of maintenance on your site that might involve heavy MySQL queries, or have you recently added any programs to your site that require SQL and might be seeing heavy usage?

We're seeing some unusally heavy MySQL queries from your site (200+ queries per second), which is causing some definite server issues.

In particular, we're seeing heavy (and sudden) usage for the CPM database that your site uses.

Could you let me know ASAP any details you might have?  I don't want to have to take any rash actions, but if this continues we may have to either disable the site, or discuss moving it to a dedicated server...

I've had Coppermine up since day one with my host and have never had this problem until recently. At the beginning of October, I started receiving these e-mails:

Your site hyung-taekim.org has exceeded its
bandwidth quota in the period beginning on 2005-09-01.
Your quota is set to 107374182400 bytes ( 102400.0 MB ), and
your site has consumed 76979460481 bytes ( 73413.334 MB ) beyond that quota.

I'm not sure what's going, as I don't know too much about MySQL.

My gallery can be viewed here: http://hyung-taekim.org/index.php. If this information matters, I receive about 500+ hits a day and use about 75gigs of bandwidth a month.

If anyone needs any type of reports or any setting information, please tell me, as I want to fix this as fast as possible (if it's even fixable!)

Thanks.

Nibbler

Re: Heavy & sudden quote usage + heavy MySQL queries causing server issues
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 10:26:54 pm »

To me it looks like someone has been downloading your entire gallery with some offline viewing program. That would explain the increased load and bandwidth, and the suspiciously high view count (4 million). I'd suggest making your gallery visible to registered users only and seeing if that makes a difference. Also check your access logs for any 'frequent visitors'. I also have to mention that you are running a version of Coppermine with known bugs and security vulnerabilities so you should update to the latest stable version (currently 1.3.5) asap.

xplicit

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: Heavy & sudden quote usage + heavy MySQL queries causing server issues
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 12:44:04 am »

I see a lot of page views in an hour  at your site and well if people where stealing bandwith the counter of webstats4u would not be increasing since its counting the number of time the webstats4u logo has been showing.

But to be sure, add a htaccess file which excludes deep linking

http://www.webstats4u.com/s?tab=1&link=2&id=2285131

I dont see strange things in the stats.
Don't ask me: Can you do this .... or Give me that...or I need Quick help in PM's. I'm not Santaclaus so post your questions on the board so it will be in the benefit for everyone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.