Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine and Large Video  (Read 3540 times)

Kommercial

• Coppermine newbie
Coppermine and Large Video
« on: November 01, 2005, 06:06:59 am »

Can Coppermine handle a few big video files?  I'm just curious and I need a good gallery, that can handle a lot of multimedia, from big video to regular images.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: Coppermine and Large Video
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 12:23:18 pm »

Coppermine can handle all file types.  You should probably focus on finding a webhost that will meet your needs, because Coppermine certainly can do everything you want.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Coppermine and Large Video
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 02:50:29 pm »

as kegobeer suggested: coppermine is capable of displaying videos in all sizes. However, http upload isn't (related to browser and server issues, not to coppermine issues), so you'll have to upload large files using FTP and then batch-add (that's even the recommended method when using coppermine). However, coppermine doesn't stream videos, but displays the videos with the video player the visitor has installed on his pc embedded into html pages. As a result, you will have to take care that you're using video formats that the target audience of your site will be able to play. Real streaming of video files requires special server setup that usually doesn't come with "regular" webhosting accounts, so that's not something coppermine does. In fact, coppermine doesn't touch the video files at all - they are stored on the server and coppermine just provides the surrounding html.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.