Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can I move data from one gallery to another?  (Read 2709 times)

IKnowNutting

• Coppermine newbie
How can I move data from one gallery to another?
« on: October 31, 2005, 05:56:40 pm »

Hi,

I am a novice user just looking to move my sister's gallery off my domain and onto her own but I am having some trouble getting her albums and comments to show up.  Has anyone posted onhow to do this? 

I tried to search for the solution to this but had no luck.

This is what I did:

1. Used Fantastico to install coppermine on new domain.
2. Copied entire folder from old domain into new domain's folder (kept a backup of the fresh install).
3. The new domain's gallery then had a login error (referring to an account on the old domain) so I restored the fresh install's include/config.inc.php and that fixed that up.
4. Now the new domain's gallery comes up in a web browser but no albums are there.

What am I missing?  How do I get the albums to show up.  I have copied everything over but there must be something I need to change.  I must have copied too much? (witness the config.inc.php file...) ???

Nibbler

Re: How can I move data from one gallery to another?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 06:31:30 pm »

You need to copy the database over too. Export/dump it on the old server into a .sql file and import it on the new server. Use phpmyadmin to help you if available. Then modify your include/config.inc.php to reflect the new database details.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.