Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hiding categories?  (Read 2516 times)

michelle

• Coppermine newbie
Hiding categories?
« on: December 22, 2003, 02:36:12 pm »

I searched for this question on the forum, but didn't come up with anything, so sorry if this has already been asked.

I want to hide a certain category from everyone but myself (I wont bore you with the explanation as to why, but basically I'm testing out some stuff, not sure if I want everyone else to see it yet). I was able to hide all of the albums inside of the category from other users, but the link to the category with the # of albums and photos inside is still visible to people. I don't want any other people than those in the Administrators group to be able to see that the category exsists. Is there a way to completely hide it from everyone else like you can the albums, so that the link for it doesn't show up?

Also, is there a way to create an album, but somehow (possibly editing something through phpMyAdmin?) make it link to another URL of my choosing (outside of the gallery)? Or is there a way to add HTML links to the Category/Albums descriptions, which would probably be easier?

Sorry for all of the questions!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Hiding categories?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2003, 06:10:57 pm »

Hidden categories don't exist at the moment in coppermine, but it's on the feature list we're considering to integrate in a future version. For the moment, you'll have to stick with what you have I'm afraid.

You can add bbcode-style link in your category/album descriptions - see http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/demo/docs/index.htm#album_prop

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.