Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CPG and IE display errors  (Read 6679 times)

disstress

• Coppermine newbie
CPG and IE display errors
« on: October 30, 2005, 06:37:12 am »

Hello, I am having issues with my CPG install while viewing it in IE. The thumbnails are 1x1px.
It looks great in firefox and other browsers, just not IE.

The only mod I have done to it is the Coppermine Fetch script and I have used the default skin to integrate it with my website. I have uninstalled CPG and reinstalled it and I still have this issue. Am I doing something wrong?

The thumbnail images appear on http://xxxxxxxxxxxx.com/gallery/index.php , inside the category page and inside the album itself.

Is this a known issue or has someone run across it before?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 09:48:20 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: CPG and IE display errors
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 11:52:26 am »

post a link to your site, so we can take a look. We're not clairvoyants, and there's no "known issue" like that. You would have been able to spot it by searching the forum if there was a known issue, wouldn't you? ;)

disstress

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 04:35:12 pm »

no need to be a **edited not nice words* either

there are other solutions for gallery besides this

ps: nice job on removing the Wordpress copywrite on your site
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 07:58:46 pm by disstress »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 09:48:01 pm »

I haven't removed any copyrights it came with - I used a template that was referenced on the wordpress site, and I edited the look only, not any copyright footer. Additionally, I have set up a page that says that my personal site is being powered by coppermine, and the overall page contains a link to wordpress as well. To get rid of comments like yours, I'll add a footer asap. However, my personal site is not subject of this board, and it is not your job to lecture me on open source and fair play. If you just came here to troll, then fine - you had your fun. If you actually need support, post the link as I suggested. If you're quittting and going to use another app, then good luck and god speed.

disstress

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 06:50:29 pm »

and it is not your job to lecture me on open source and fair play.

Its not your job to insult people, I will lecture anyone I please about open source "fair play." Its not your job to tell me what my job is and isn't, seing as you have no idea what my job is.
If you just came here to troll

No actually I asked a question, and you replied with an insult. In case you didn't know that was an insult, I'll provide a link so you can brush up. http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=condescending

The only troll here was you.
Reasonable responses to my question:
A. no
B. yes
C. nothing at all
D. Yes I have come across that issue before. The answer you seek=?

In case you don't know what a troll is I'll provide some links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
http://www.teamtechnology.co.uk/troll.htm

I did really like Coppermine Photo Gallery, seeing as it is easy to install and administer. Untill I met you, and from searching your posts, I'm not the only person you have acted like this to. The project would be better off if you didn't post. You may be a great php guru, but you have no people skills.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2005, 08:50:21 pm »

look, why don't you calm down and do as suggested? Just post a link to your site, someone will take a look at it and possibly come up with an answer to the issues you're having.

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 12:57:38 am »

The thumbnails are 1x1px.

I just wasted a good number of minutes here reading this thread and following a link that gave me no indication of what the problem might be.  Time I could have spent helping someone else, from the few minutes I have each day away from tending to my wife who is preparing for surgery tomorrow.  To answer one of your other questions, different browsers do display differently. A lot has been written about this in many a message here as well as in many sites on the internet. These involve Css style sheets as well as td/tr/table settings.  Without seeing what you have done and what you really want as an end result, it's impossible to help you.

Furthermore, I can see no "insults" made by Gaugau, but I do see ones made by you.  I am a retired English teacher, so, 'yes', I can read English and I do know what I am reading.

One last note:  1x1px ? Isn't that a period?

Dennis

Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

disstress

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2005, 06:33:55 am »

The thumbnails are 1x1px.

I just wasted a good number of minutes here reading this thread and following a link that gave me no indication of what the problem might be. Time I could have spent helping someone else, from the few minutes I have each day away from tending to my wife who is preparing for surgery tomorrow. To answer one of your other questions, different browsers do display differently. A lot has been written about this in many a message here as well as in many sites on the internet. These involve Css style sheets as well as td/tr/table settings. Without seeing what you have done and what you really want as an end result, it's impossible to help you.

Furthermore, I can see no "insults" made by Gaugau, but I do see ones made by you. I am a retired English teacher, so, 'yes', I can read English and I do know what I am reading.

One last note: 1x1px ? Isn't that a period?

Dennis

First, I never doubted anyones ability to read English.
Second, to be condescending is an insult. His action of replying to my post with a rhetorical question is inherrently an insult.
Third, I neither pretended to be an English teacher, nor did I claim to have mastered grammar or any other aspect of this language.
Fourth, the link was intended to be a dummy link, showing the site structure. - I figured that this was common sense, I guess not.
Fifth, I see Gau made a nice edit to my post to ensure that the dummy link actually went to a valid url.
Sixth, here is a good link for you to check out the mystery punctuation:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/accessibility/opsblind.mspx
There are also tools that enable you to zoom in on your screen, I know that firefox has one called ColorZilla. - I feel that this goes great with your personal attempt at retired English teacher rudeness.

Don't worry about attempting to solve this issue, it has long since turned into a fully functional gallery.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2005, 07:53:57 am »

Fifth, I see Gau made a nice edit to my post to ensure that the dummy link actually went to a valid url.
I haven't - I only edited your first posting to mark it as I saw fit, but I haven't touched one single character of your posting itself. Don't claim such things, trying to make me look like a liar.

Don't worry about attempting to solve this issue, it has long since turned into a fully functional gallery.
Fine then, so there's no need to keep this thread open. I'll lock it then. As you don't use coppermine any longer, you won't need to turn up anymore on this board, so I disabled your account as well. Bye.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2005, 07:59:24 am »

I haven't - I only edited your first posting to mark it as I saw fit, but I haven't touched one single character of your posting itself. Don't claim such things, trying to make me look like a liar.
OMG, I can attest to that. I saw the post early on with that same link, which worked because someone actually bought that domain name. :P So the dummy was the one who used the link!

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2005, 08:18:35 am »

Also he thinks that the simple text of the url was turned in a clickable link by us. Well he doesn't know that it is done automatically by smf.
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.