Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can I move data from one gallery to another?  (Read 2879 times)

IKnowNutting

• Coppermine newbie
How can I move data from one gallery to another?
« on: October 31, 2005, 05:56:40 pm »

Hi,

I am a novice user just looking to move my sister's gallery off my domain and onto her own but I am having some trouble getting her albums and comments to show up.  Has anyone posted onhow to do this? 

I tried to search for the solution to this but had no luck.

This is what I did:

1. Used Fantastico to install coppermine on new domain.
2. Copied entire folder from old domain into new domain's folder (kept a backup of the fresh install).
3. The new domain's gallery then had a login error (referring to an account on the old domain) so I restored the fresh install's include/config.inc.php and that fixed that up.
4. Now the new domain's gallery comes up in a web browser but no albums are there.

What am I missing?  How do I get the albums to show up.  I have copied everything over but there must be something I need to change.  I must have copied too much? (witness the config.inc.php file...) ???

Nibbler

Re: How can I move data from one gallery to another?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 06:31:30 pm »

You need to copy the database over too. Export/dump it on the old server into a .sql file and import it on the new server. Use phpmyadmin to help you if available. Then modify your include/config.inc.php to reflect the new database details.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 20 queries.