Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question Regarding Usergroups and SMF Bridge  (Read 5318 times)

vostok4

• Coppermine newbie
Question Regarding Usergroups and SMF Bridge
« on: October 28, 2005, 07:48:00 pm »

Hi everyone, I'd like to say great work on CPG first of all. I'm having a bit of a problem with the SMF bridge, mostly feature related however.

Right now, the only way to get the custom groups from SMF in is to select "Use post count groups", which imports all my groups from the grouplist. However, this is not the implementation that is ideal in my situation, because I need to be able to give out album creation rights to specific groups of forum members only, and those groups are not based on post counts. Another user was having the same problem as I (avarot), but he did not state if he found closure to the issue.

Is it possible to modify the SMF bridge so that instead of reading the user's group from ID_POST_GROUP (smf_members) and read from ID_GROUP? I have tried modifying the bridge file myself (smf10.inc.php), but there are problems now to due with the groupid's getting modified + 100, and the users do not line up properly with the groups (ie users that have a ID_GROUP of 0 (no special group) are now getting 100, but the group with id 100 isn't changing to 200 so it says almost all my forum users are in group 100, which they are not).

If it is too much work to ask, could someone just explain to me why CPG's bridge is using groupid + 100? I'll try to make the changes myself as this is a vital issue for me.

Thanks for the help!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 12:23:55 am by Nibbler »

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems
Re: Question Regarding Usergroups and SMF Bridge
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 08:06:14 pm »

Which version of cpg are you using? If you are using cpg1.4 then it is in beta stage and goes unsupported. If you are using cpg1.3 then you have posted in a wrong board. Please tell us the cpg version.

Abbas
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems

vostok4

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 11:09:30 pm »

I am using 1.4.1 CVS...

I know that it is unsupported, I'm not necessarily looking for someone to do the work for me but if someone has encountered something like this and solved it before? I don't know where else to ask, and the logic behind the SMF Bridge is eluding me at the moment...

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2005, 12:23:16 am »

Please wait for a stable supported release of 1.4. At that time I will able to look into your request and give you the code to change. Seeing as this is not a bug I am marking this as invalid.

vostok4

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2005, 12:33:15 am »

Well, if I figure it out I'll post the code here for others that may be in the same boat as me.

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2005, 12:37:10 am »

Check the changes committed into latest version of the SMF bridge when it becomes available via anonymous CVS, I added a comment into the code that should help.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2005, 02:28:29 pm »

[..]I'm [...] looking [...] if someone has encountered something like this and solved it before?
That's actually the definition of requesting support. There currently is no support.

I don't know where else to ask
Nowhere at all. Unsupported means just that: you can't ask questions.

Thread locked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.