Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bugs in danish language file i CPG 1.3.5  (Read 2821 times)

John Hjorth

• Coppermine novice
  • phpBB, CPG & GoldWing geek
    • www.CopperMine.dk
Bugs in danish language file i CPG 1.3.5
« on: October 28, 2005, 03:52:17 pm »

Dev. team,

Yesterday I volunteered for the translation of the danish.php file in the /lang directory in CPG 1.4.1, because nobody was taking care of that translation. Last night I started by doing a compare of the english.php file in CPG 1.4.1 and the danish.php file in CPG 1.4.1 (which is from CPG 1.3.3, I guess), just to get an overall perception of the structural changes between language files in CPG 1.3.5 and CPG 1.4.1 and to get some kind of impression of the extent of work to be done. Well it's about 800 codelines, not so a big deal, but anyway, guite some work has to be done.

Also it came to my notice, that there are some bugs in the danish.php file for CPG 1.3.5. With all respect to past contributers, not to say several. The type of errors goes from just poor translation over lack of consistency in the translation to strictly misspellings in the danish language applied in the file. Some of those errors even may have been confusing for users of CPG depending on the context of some of the errors.

Thus I have changed the strategy on the translation of the danish.php file a bit, in stead of just approaching that danish.php file i CPG 1.4.1 right on, I'll take "a step backwards" and start with doing a total overhaul of the danish.php file in CPG 1.3.5 to get rid of those bugs noticed, and then afterwards, when that work is done, move om to the danish.php file i CPG 1.4.1.

I will place the overhauled danish.php file for CPG 1.3.5 in this topic when the work is done.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 04:01:23 pm by John Hjorth »
"-Take good care of, and stay focused and present to all Your beloved one´s - otherwise You get jealousy adressed to the Gold Wing - and You - in Your personal Sphere ...!"
- My daughter : "phpBB, CPG & GoldWings - get a life ! - And You end up loosing your reputation as IT Mongol as well !"

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Bugs in danish language file i CPG 1.3.5
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 12:11:50 pm »

contributions to cpg1.3.x language files and related stuff should go into the thread [Help wanted]: Translations for CPG1.3.x - please reply to that particular thread when posting your modifications for cpg1.3.x. However, I wouldn't waste my time with this - cpg1.3.x is meant to be replaced very soon by cpg1.4.x as stable release, imo there's little point in fixing cosmetical issues for the version that is meant to expire soon. I suggest you start a fresh translation of the cpg1.4.x language file - use the most recent checkout of the english language file and do a full translation: although this means extra work, it's the cleanest approach in my experience and bound to be less painfull in the long run.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to your contribution no matter what you decide to do.

Joachim

John Hjorth

• Coppermine novice
  • phpBB, CPG & GoldWing geek
    • www.CopperMine.dk
Re: Bugs in danish language file i CPG 1.3.5
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 12:45:42 pm »

GauGau,

Thanks for the advice and the posting instructions.

I'm very thoroughly, almost meticulous when I'm working on something like this. I think I'll just stay with my own approach, it involves less work resulting in the same quality in the work, and as a spin off there will be an improvement of CPG 1.3.X for a short period untill CPG 1.4.X is released.

The file structure of the language fikle is so clear that it's the easiest approach  creating a danish language file for CPG 1.4.X is after the overhaul of the dansih language file for CPG 1.3.X by add of the new parts of the file from the english language file for CPG 1.4.X and then translate those new parts line by line, ending with a line by line comparison of the danish and english language files for CPG 1.4.X.

Enough said.
"-Take good care of, and stay focused and present to all Your beloved one´s - otherwise You get jealousy adressed to the Gold Wing - and You - in Your personal Sphere ...!"
- My daughter : "phpBB, CPG & GoldWings - get a life ! - And You end up loosing your reputation as IT Mongol as well !"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.