Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't upload to album  (Read 6427 times)

roy

• Coppermine newbie
Can't upload to album
« on: October 28, 2005, 06:34:06 am »

I have 26 albums in 4 categories and I am trying to upload to an album but when uploading i could only see one album while the rest i could not see. But in the admin mode i could upload to all the albums without any problems. I also want to assign each user to a album where they can only upload to that album but not the others.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 07:10:11 am by roy »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Can't upload to album
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 07:19:36 am »

you as admin should stay in admin mode all the time. User mode is just there to toggle the admin controls. To allow your users to upload to albums, you have to edit the album properties (next to the album thumbnails) and enable "visitors can upload". Additionally, you have to allow users (or only particular groups) to upload to public albums in coppermine's "groups" panel. This is explained in the docs that come with coppermine (link available as well at the top of this page), please read them before asking any further questions.

roy

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 07:39:19 am »

I also tried to upload using a normal user account but same prob and i will read the doc once again

roy

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 04:47:28 pm »

I have solved the problem on uploading to the albums but not very clear on how to set a user where he can only upload to that public album assigned to him.

Thank you for helping me out here  :)

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 04:54:14 pm »

You would need to assign the user to his own group, and then set the album properties accordingly.

roy

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2005, 03:17:01 pm »

I assign the user to the group called registered, when setting i can saw albums can be viewed by who.

I want to assign one user to an album so he can only upload to that album and not others but the images he upload can still be viewed by the public without logging in.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2005, 01:36:54 pm »

Coppermine doesn't come with that granular permissions on public albums. If you need an album that only one user can upload to, you'll have to grant permission for the user (in the groups page) to have a personal album. You can do so for only one user by creating a new group, adding the user to that particular group and then allowing only this particular group to have personal albums.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.